Silverton Partners is a 13-year-old, early-stage venture capital firm based in Austin, TX, that is investing out of its fifth fund. Silverton returns have been top decile and the firm has an impressive line-up of institutional LPs.
We are currently seeking a VC Principal to help source, diligence, invest and assist the next cohort of market-leading startups as a key member of the investment team. The Principal at Silverton would report to the partners and would be involved in all aspects of the business.
We intend for this role to be long term growth opportunity and are committed to investing in the development of your career. This role has the potential to be partner-track.
Compensation – Base salary + Carried Interest
- Lead the firm’s effort to identify and evaluate new companies for investment
- Participate in all aspects of investment due diligence including technical feasibility, market sizing, and industry research
- Design and execute projects and programs that help Silverton attract new portfolio companies or support existing ones
- Attend board meetings and support existing portfolio companies with introductions to potential hires, investors, and customers
- Build long-term relationships with founders and other venture investors relevant to Silverton’s ecosystem of startups
- At least 6 years of work experience across the startup/tech ecosystem including 2-4 years of VC
- BS/BA degree or higher, with technical or engineering background preferred
- Outstanding analytical skills; strong knowledge of Excel
- Extremely proactive and self-directed
- Established network in the startup and venture capital communities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excitement to become a key member of the investment team. We intend for this role to be long term growth opportunity and are committed to investing in the development of your career.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Significant operating experience at a venture-backed startup and/or previous early stage VC experience
- Top MBA degree
How to Apply:
Warm introductions to a member of our investment team are preferred. Alternatively, send your resume and a statement of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.