- Use external networks (with start-ups, VC funds, competitors, major resource holders and suppliers / service providers) and internal networks to source compelling investment opportunities that provide access to technologies which create a competitive advantage to Shell
- Help develop a world-class partnering proposition and reputation for working with start-ups and VC’s
- Validate and structure collaboration opportunities (e.g. joint development agreements, licensing, demonstration projects, investments, JV’s, etc.) that accelerate the deployment of technologies in Shell operations
- Review the value of the technology to Shell and the addressable market within Shell, in close collaboration with the potential ‘users’ of the technology
- Be a credible spokesperson for Shell’s wider innovation efforts in communications with the external world (conferences, B2B meetings, etc.)
- Lead all phases of deal delivery of investments in technology start-ups, including transaction structuring and negotiations
- Use networks inside and outside Shell to support due diligence
- Lead virtual deal teams consisting of Finance, Legal, IP, Technical, Tax, etc.
- Act as Board Director, observer, or Shell’s shareholder representative during implementation (post-deal) to protect Shell’s investment; ensure portfolio company delivery on targets, and ensure compliance with SGBP, ABC, and HSSE standards
- Contribute to quarterly reporting to the Shell Ventures Review Board on the performance of portfolio companies
- Help secure and drive deployment and pilot opportunities within Shell
Country of Work Location
City, State (if applicable)
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- Bachelors degree in Business, Finance, Economics, or another relevant discipline; MBA or other advanced degree is preferred
- 5+ years of Ventures experience, preferably within the Technology realm
- Demonstrated deal experience as a primary tracker, including in-person negotiations and execution
- Financial acumen with the knowledge of valuation techniques and financial analysis of companies
- Ability to develop opportunities and make decisions in an environment of uncertainly and limited data
- Experience working with entrepreneurs and venture capital or share an entrepreneurial spirit
- Excellent relationship management skills for engagement with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to regularly travel 10-15%
No. of Positions
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.