Position: Principal, Schneider Electric Ventures
The position will join at the Principal level within a small, entrepreneurial team who are making venture stage investments in companies in the energy management, industrial automation, building management, and any other areas of strategic relevance to Schneider Electric. The individual will play an active role throughout the investment life cycle.
The Principal will report to Heriberto Diarte, SVP in charge of Schneider Electric Ventures (SEV)
– Identify suitable investment opportunities, develop and deepen network within relevant ecosystem(s) to ensure that SEV consistently sees high quality deal flow in our sectors of interest
– Perform initial screening for strategic relevance and financial attractiveness
– Plan and complete relevant due diligence, including evaluation of technology, product development plans, commercial progress/go-to-market strategy, market sizing, financial analyses, and investment modelling. To do this the candidate will need to coordinate internal resources and secure adequate and cost-effective support of external advisors (technical, legal, auditors, etc.) as may be needed.
– Produce rigorous and informative analyses on investment opportunities which can be relied upon for optimal capital allocation decisions.
– Lead and/or assist in deal closing plus commercial discussions and negotiations.
– Monitor and/or active engagement with portfolio investment post transaction, and provide valuable support for the portfolio companies, including board representation where appropriate. Develop complete assessments of portfolio company performance through rapport with management teams, and deliver constructive feedback.
– Initiate fruitful partnership discussions between start-ups of interest (either investment targets, portfolio companies, or others that can bring benefits to Schneider Electric) and Schneider Electric and its affiliates. This to be done in coordination with the partnership team
– Contribute to ongoing development of team infrastructure, including systems, processes, metrics, and reporting.
– Contribute to market assessments and the production of intelligence “white papers” in area of interest to SEV and Schneider Electric
– Provide guidance for more junior Ventures staff as needed.
– 5+ years in relevant investment management experience in energy and/or industry
– Referenceable track record of developing mutually beneficial partnerships with management teams in portfolio companies in previous investment roles
– Excellent organization skills, including prioritizing, forward planning and administration
– Highly adaptable, with strong inter-personal skills and able to deal with ambiguity and changing priorities
– Demonstrated self-starter, with ability to work without supervision and under pressure
– Ability to efficiently prioritize diverse workload, assessing and anticipating requirements
– Excellent team working and networking skills. Clear communicator, capable of credibly representing Schneider Electric Ventures externally and internally.
– Strong analytical skills and ability to assess, interpret and summarize financial models
– Ability to produce concise and accurate investment reports
– Team player; ability to work effectively with a diverse team; experience in remote teams is ideal;
– Ability and openness to travel both domestically and internationally
– Fluent in English; other languages are a plus.