Sands Capital Ventures (LinkedIn, Crunchbase) is seeking a motivated Principal to focus on technology investing. The Principal will be responsible for managing the technology portfolio and its key resources. This individual will function as an integral member of the Sands Capital Ventures team and will support and collaborate with an experienced team of investment and operational professionals. As part of the investment process, this position will have the opportunity to meet with executives from leading companies, interview industry experts, attend industry conferences, and visit portfolio companies.
Skills and Qualifications
- B.S. or B.A. degree in Business, Technology, or other relevant major, +/- relevant graduate degrees
- 10+ years of work experience with at least 5+ years concentrated in relevant private equity/venture capital investing; “big picture” technology industry knowledge (e.g., software, internet, information technology, and associated disciplines)
- Ability to ideate, source, and execute technology investments, including negotiation of investment terms
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential
- Excellent modeling skills, including market models, financial statements and valuation analysis
- Personal qualities include:
- a genuine and demonstrable interest in venture capital and private equity
- a team player with high energy and exceptional work ethic
- the ability to work proactively and independently to drive tasks to conclusion
- the ability to work professionally with portfolio company CEOs and other senior stakeholders/investors
- Outstanding analytical and strategic aptitude
- Board experience preferred
To be considered, please submit a cover letter and resume that specifically outlines your qualifications for the position and why you want to work at Sands Capital Ventures.
If interested, please apply here.