We started in 2012 on a mission to create breakout software and services and foster a startup culture at Samsung. Since then, our small group has become a global organization that has empowered thousands of entrepreneurs around the world who share our passion for executing against big and bold ideas and building, growing and scaling businesses.
Our team develops products, invests in startups and acquires businesses ready for scale. With a focus on cutting-edge software and services such as IoT, AI, AR/VR, Data Analytics, Cybersecurity and other transformative frontier technologies, we collaborate with seasoned founders and talented companies, providing our capital, resources, expertise and deep connections. We operate across offices in Mountain View, Palo Alto, San Francisco, New York City in the United States; Tel Aviv in Israel; Berlin in Germany; and Seoul in South Korea.
Samsung NEXT Ventures is looking for a dynamic, experienced Principal to assist in leading early-stage venture investments from its New York office.
- Deal Screening. Network and identify interesting opportunities for the fund
- Investment Analysis. Conduct initial research on investment opportunities, including financial and strategic analyses
- Due Diligence. Lead and assist deal teams on due diligence (external and internal) for likely investments
- Internal Research. Communicate with business units about potential investments, including the aggregation and synthesis of business unit feedback
- Create compelling, detailed investment recommendation decks for presentation to the partnership and other Samsung executives
- New Market Analysis. Periodically create presentations outlining new technology areas that may be attractive for investment
- Brand-building. Engage with the tech, media, and entrepreneurship community, particularly in NYC. This includes attending industry conferences and local events on behalf of Samsung NEXT to bolster your technology network and evangelize our group and mission.
- 4-6 years experience in venture capital with a leading venture capital firm, or in a corporate venture setting
- Previous experience leading multiple deals from sourcing to close, including the management of due diligence, negotiation of terms, and oversight of the closing process
- Some board-level experience (director or observer) a plus
- Strong financial modeling, presentation, and written communication skills
- Extensive network in the venture capital and entrepreneur community in the Eastern US (NYC, Boston, Toronto, DC, etc), especially at the seed-Series B stages
- Track record of managing multiple projects with tight timelines, in parallel
- Experience directly managing individuals at an Associate and/or Analyst level
- Available to travel domestically (6-8x per year) and internationally (2-4x per year)
- Passion and expertise in technology and media
If interested, please apply here.