Salesforce.com, the leading enterprise cloud computing company, is looking for a Principal of Investments to join the Corporate Development group in San Francisco. The Corporate Development team is responsible for Corporate Strategy, Mergers & Acquisitions, Investments, and M&A Integration. The investment team, Salesforce Ventures, is the third most active corporate venture arm with a portfolio of over 200 companies globally. The ventures team is tasked with creating long-term value, helping maintain the company’s competitive advantage, and advancing its strategic objectives by (i) identifying growth opportunities within new markets and new technology segments (ii) evaluating investments that leverage these opportunities (iii) managing investments from deal sourcing through to execution and post-investment including portfolio management (iv) supporting companies with operational advice and resources and (iv) providing Salesforce customers insight into the innovation in enterprise technology and SI valley via the ventures program.
- Manage the investment process from sourcing investments through to screening and final diligence
- Actively monitor the investment portfolio and work with portfolio companies as activities such as new rounds of financing and exit events arise
- Monitor, research, and develop intelligence and investment themes on emerging trends and disruptive companies in the enterprise SaaS ecosystem
- Develop relationships with salesforce ISVs, venture capitalists, investment bankers, and entrepreneurs for potential investment opportunities
- Assist in planning and developing programs and events to promote and market Salesforce Ventures, our portfolio companies and our core values of integrated philanthropy and equality
- Add value to portfolio companies by providing them access to Salesforce executives’ operating and product expertise as well as access to our customer base
- Build presentations for senior management and the Board of Directors
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative analyses for strategic planning and deal evaluation efforts for investments
It is essential that the individual selected for this position be able to quickly establish rapport, credibility, trust, and respect throughout the organization at all levels, and be viewed as a team player with exceptional communication, analytical, and leadership skills. Intellectual curiosity and true passion for technology impacting both consumers and businesses is critical for success in this role.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE/SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Undergraduate degree from a top institution; MBA is a plus
- +5 year’s experience, including substantive experience at a top-tier venture capital firm, consulting firm or technology company. Prior experience in an investment role with extensive due diligence experience is a must. Experience at a tech company is also required.
- An understanding of and demonstrated interest in cloud computing and emerging consumer and business technology trends
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to work well under time pressure and juggle multiple priorities
- Ability to motivate, collaborate, and work successfully in a team environment
- Strong attention to detail along with organization and follow-through skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally within a dynamic, high growth organization
- High level of energy, enthusiasm, and commitment to success
- Salesforce product and technology knowledge is strongly preferred
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
If interested, please apply here.