Polymath Ventures (www.polymathv.com)(LinkedIn, Crunchbase) is a company builder, creating new and innovative businesses from scratch, using a combination of design and business thinking. With offices in Bogota and Mexico City, Polymath is a mix of talented people from all over the globe (15 countries represented right now!) focused on doing one thing: bringing new ideas into the world. We are a young company, in a highly entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment. We can’t offer you the fanciest office with all the perks, but we can offer you one of the strongest teams in Latin America, working to build new companies from scratch. Our company culture offers an international perspective, a casual, friendly office, and a spirit of performance and growth.
About The Role
Polymath Ventures is looking for a new member to join the senior ranks of the organization. We have grown tremendously over the last years, and with expansion into Mexico, we need an exceptional, senior individual that allows Polymath to grow into the next level.
Our Mexico Principal is expected to engage in extensive fundraising activity. Polymath raises funds from a wide variety of investors, including angel investors, Family Offices, HNWIs, VCs, and PE funds in Silicon Valley, New York, Miami, Latin America, China and Europe. With significant growth and many interesting/big problems to solve ahead, we expect the Principal to bring his/her knowledge of the past and a hungry, problem-solving approach to the future. The Polymath model is distinct from VC or PE models, and we are searching for out-of-the-box thinkers that are hungry to build big in challenging markets.
Specific Responsibilities Will Include
- Working closely with Partners to develop Polymath’s investor strategy
- Building new leads and opportunities for investment, both locally and internationally
- Lead fundraising rounds, working together with venture’s management teams
- Ownership of valuation modeling and fundraising materials
- Support and execution of legal documentation
- Plan and participate in investment road-shows
Who are Principals within Polymath?Principals are Partner-tracked, top-caliber business thinkers and operators who play critical roles across the Polymath group. With exceptional horsepower and management skills, a Principal leads teams through the design and acceleration of an early-stage, rapidly growing Polymath company as well as in fundraising efforts for a venture and the Polymath group. Within the Polymath context, a Principal can handle the management of many individuals leading various, complex work-streams in a fast-paced, ambiguous, startup environment.
Principals take Partner-level responsibility, participating in most Partner decisions, and taking increasing weight of the organization (responsibility of Polymath, not just the ventures). In that sense, Principals are not just tasked with helping launch and grow our portfolio ventures, but also to help grow Polymath itself. Principals, along with Partners, manage various large sections of the company: Investment, Talent Acquisition, Design & Acceleration, Talent Development, Finance, etc.
In addition, Principals are at many times placed in venture advisory roles. Thus, the ability to help guide and influence the direction of ventures on a strategic and operational level is paramount.
To be clear, Principals are not consultants to our companies. They are almost always fully integrated within a venture or a Polymath project, leading teams to overcome key challenges and steer the direction of the company.We are looking for a Principal in our Mexico office.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH THESE CHARACTERISTICS
- 7+ years of relevant experience in Corporate Finance (Venture Capital, Private Equity, Investment Banking, Placement Agent, Big 4, Top Consulting Firm or Law Firm), Private Wealth or Impact Investing (with proven responsibilities in fundraising activities)
- Previous experience in fundraising processes or financial products distribution is an advantage
- Superior communication skills, both written and oral, including the ability to prepare presentations and other marketing materials, and leading meetings and negotiations with prospective investors
- Great attention to detail
- Great risk appetite
- Self-starter, keen to work independently
- Flexible and quick thinking, with the ability to deal with ambiguity
- Growth and learning mindset, with no fear to challenge and be critical
- Commitment to professionally grow together with the Polymath project
- Spanish is perfunctory
- Entrepreneurship experience is a plus
If interested, please apply here.