We are actively recruiting for an exceptional individual to join us as an associate/principal on our investment team. As part of the investment team, you will be responsible for the full spectrum of investing (sourcing, due diligence, evaluation), in addition to supporting portfolio companies on an ongoing basis.
Specifically, key responsibilities include:
- Actively source new companies from your own networks, attending events, being a key part of the entrepreneurial community, etc.
- Diligence companies during deal flow (research market size, competitors; talk to customers and references; evaluate product; evaluate financial plans, etc).
- Prepare investment memos and support deal execution
- Actively participate and grow Pear community from events to leading strategic projects, etc.
- Work with portfolio companies on an ongoing basis across a variety of projects (product, strategic, growth, etc.)
- 2 years plus work experience in high tech companies, high tech start-ups, management consulting, or similar.
- Strong analytical skills including strategic thinking, financial modeling, and deal evaluation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Passionate about the startup space and highly empathetic to the entrepreneurship community
- Intellectual horsepower combined with humility and a willingness to learn
- Ability to work with different types of individuals and ability to adapt in ambiguity and uncertainty
Nice to Have:
- Background in investing (early stage preferred)
- Operational background
- Technical background or willingness to pick up technical skills
- MBA / Graduate Degree