For two decades, NVIDIA has pioneered visual computing, the art and science of computer graphics, with our invention of the GPU. The GPU has demonstrated to solve some of the most complex problems in computer science. Today, NVIDIA’s GPU simulates human intelligence, running deep learning algorithms and acting as the brain of computers, robots and self-driving cars that can perceive and understand the world. Artificial intelligence is no longer science fiction. And in the next few years, it will transform every industry.
We are now looking for an exceptional individual to join our NVIDIA GPU Ventures Team. This role will be responsible for finding new investment opportunities, deal review, due diligence and portfolio analytics along with other ecosystem market development activities within our larger Business Development Team, that are critical to helping NVIDIA successfully grow our business. This role will work closely with NVIDIA’s business unit leaders, as well as C-level executives at a variety of startups. This is a great opportunity to strategically impact a company on the forefront of several major trends in tech (AI, Self-Driving Cars, VR/AR, Gaming).
What you’ll be doing:
In this role, you will be part of a close knit Strategic Business Development team focusing on the NVIDIA GPU Ventures investment activities. You will be applying a combination of strategic, technical and financial skills to evaluate good strategic investment opportunities. A key activity will include building relationships, internally and externally, and developing a strong understanding of NVIDIA’s strategy. And then apply that knowledge to develop opportunities for partnerships, investment and other engagements with startups and VCs globally. Additionally, you will hold responsibility for overall tracking of our existing portfolio, deal execution, analytics, ROI & exit analysis. This also includes the generation of strategic insights from our venture activities as a whole.
What we need to see:
- 7+ years of combined work experience including at a minimum 3+ years at Venture Capital or Corporate Ventures firm
- Direct, experience (demonstrated through a “deal sheet”) investing in venture-backed startup companies
- A Bachelor’s degree in a technical area of study (Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, etc).
- Due diligence experience including working with legal, financial and technical teams
- Experience engaging with C-level executives and VCs
- Ability to review and understand Venture Term Sheets, perform financial analysis and valuations, including review of capitalization tables and portfolio valuation methodologies
- Excellent business sense and ability to understand and resolve complex business issues
- Aptitude and interest in technology, understanding of market trends and ideally how they impact NVIDIA
- Quick thinker, able to absorb new information and understand context and relevance
- Dynamic social skills with the ability to interact and influence across all levels within and outside the company
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Proven team player willing to check their ego at the door
Ways to stand out from the crowd:
- Current role at a well regarded venture firm
- MBA or advanced degree would be a major plus
- Excellent financial modeling skills, ability to create excel models from scratch
- Demonstrated passion for NVIDIA’s technologies and markets
- Drive to take on challenges, enjoys continuous learning
- Experience building market and technology perspectives or landscapes
- Self-motivated individual, able to work autonomously and show leadership when called upon
- Strong organizational skills to anticipate, plan, prioritize and self-monitor workload
- Effective written, oral and presentation skills that clearly express ideas and recommendations to customers, executives and a broad range of audiences
- Strong social skills to effectively work with co-workers, cross-functional colleagues and external contacts to respond positively to situations
If interested, please apply here.