Samsung Ventures America (SVA) is the US office (offices in Menlo Park, CA, and Boston, MA) for Samsung’s venture investment activities. The primary responsibilities of the group are to source, qualify, and invest in various technology-related companies. Our major investment areas include semiconductors, materials, mobile service, internet, software, security, enterprise solutions, bioengineering & medical, while potential investment subjects range from early-stage startups to pre-IPO companies. Currently, the group has over $2.2B under management.
Responsible for market research & planning in materials, equipment, process technologies and new concepts on display, battery, MEMS technologies and etc. Subject to switch role as an investment manager after gaining 1 or 2 years of experience at SVA.
Principal Duties And Responsibilities
- Market Analysis and Deal Sourcing.
- Understand investment trends and develop a pipeline of companies for partnerships or acquisitions.
- Identify companies and technologies of interest to Samsung for early to late-stage investments.
- Lead and/or participating in all aspects of the investment process including deal sourcing, financial modeling, due diligence, negotiation and committee presentations for new and follow-on investments.
- Suggest strategic solution and execution plan for given problematic circumstances.
- Deal Execution and Portfolio Management.
- Assess overall strategy portfolio companies.
- Identify opportunities for collaboration and coordinate those engagements appropriately.
- Monitor financial health and viability of portfolio companies and present options on addressing investment concerns and/or exit strategies, where applicable.
- Brand Building.
- Build and maintain strategic relationships with venture capitalists, government officials, research organizations, entrepreneurs and key opinion leaders in the innovative healthcare ecosystem globally.
- Be a brand ambassador for Samsung Ventures and enhance the visibility and reputation within the entrepreneurial ecosystem.
- Communicate broadly to the ecosystem where Samsung Ventures has and can add value.
Required Skills And Experience
- Top tier undergraduate degree in a quantitative field.
- 2-3 years of work experience (in consulting, banking or engineering).
- Knowledge in material science including display, battery, and MEMS technologies.
- Proficient and familiar with using research platforms such as CBInsights, Pitchbook and etc. handling and processing a large amount of data.
- Demonstrate strong understanding in industry dynamics and ability to translate the understanding to a comprehensive presentation.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Driven, self-starter with the ability to work both independently and in a team setting.
If interested, please apply here.