Lateral Capital (LinkedIn, Crunchbase) is a mission-driven venture fund investing in early-stage opportunities in Sub-Saharan Africa. We partner with fellow entrepreneurs to fast track their vision and finance their growth to build exceptional companies together. Lateral invests in technology enabled businesses that profitably solve pain points across financial services, healthcare, education and critical infrastructure. Lateral has made four investments and secured the backing of leading family offices in the USA, Europe and Africa. Find more information at http://www.latcap.co
The Principal will play a key role in building Lateral in West Africa, including:
· Overseeing the full investment process (including preliminary analysis, due-diligence, financial modelling, structuring and negotiation of transactions as well as ongoing operations and portfolio management). This will require interfacing with counterparties such as co-investors, financial institutions, multilateral banks, legal counsel and external advisors.
· Stay abreast of key sector and market trends; conduct quantitative and qualitative research for investment team.
· Actively manage portfolio companies and support founders in key areas from finance, HR to strategy and governance.
· Implement monitoring & evaluation systems to track qualitative and quantitative indicators for portfolio companies.
· Required: Extensive work experience in a role, managing and operating investments in early-stage and/or growth ventures.
· Required: Operating experience in Sub-Saharan Africa.
· Required: Understanding of building an early-stage company.
· Required: Excellent written communication skills
· Required: Diverse background, grounded in integrity, curiosity, hustle and doing the right thing, a drive for excellence, and lateral thinking.
· Required: Excellent quantitative and qualitative skills, ability to apply analytical rigor to complex and uncertain situations.
· Preferred: experience with a management role in startup.
· Preferred: experience in project management working with multilateral organizations or international corporations.
· Preferred: experience as a private investor and/or entrepreneur.
If interested, please apply here.