Boeing’s HorizonX has an outstanding opportunity in its HorizonX Ventures group for a senior investment professional as an individual contributor on its Venture Investments team. This unique position will support aspects of corporate venture capital from sourcing/screening investment opportunities, performing due diligence, preparing captables and financials, negotiating structures and terms, drafting and supporting definitive document development, closing investments, portfolio management, and post-close synergy realization.
The role is heavy transactional focused and requires a seasoned professional with deep due diligence, legal, and finance background with a strong detail-oriented background in developing investment rationales, assessing risks, and leading transactions from term sheet through closing with a strong CVC perspective to investing. Aerospace / hard-tech / frontier-tech investing preferred, as well as board-level experience as both a member and observer. The Venture Investments team is looking for someone who can immediately hit the ground running.
This small team averages about an investment per month which are primarily sourced through internal and external networks; the pace and work-load is much higher than the 2-deals per investing professional, per year rule-of-thumb as the team supports various non-typical VC opportunities and partnerships in addition to the portfolio investments.
This position has a base, annual bonus, and benefits.
In This Role The Investing Principal
- Perform deep due diligence on data rooms, including reviewing all financials, corporate and business matters, and legal documents for quantification of risks and mitigation strategies.
- Financial modeling and ability to develop complex captables from scratch, assess use-of-funds, and critical thinking to question the funds needed to meet milestone targets
- Lead the transaction process and liaison between internal functions, external legal counsel, advisors, and the startup
- Lead investment opportunities through the pipeline and approval processes
- Promotes the image, brand and awareness of Boeing HorizonX internally and externally
- Possesses strong communication skills (both written and verbal) in dealing with a diverse range of groups: entrepreneurs, venture capitalists, and corporate partners.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Boeing is the world’s largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Typical Education and Experience:
Technical bachelor’s degree and typically 20 or more years’ related work experience or a Master’s degree with typically 18 or more years’ or a PhD degree with typically 15 or more years’ related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A technical degree is defined as any four year degree, or greater, in a mathematic, scientific or information technology field of study.
- Bachelors degree
- Experience acting as an advisor in the executive decision-making process
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
- Experience working with computer proficiency in financial modeling and presentation development
- Experience working with venture capital firms spotting, investing, and executing new business opportunities
- Masters degree or higher
If interested, please apply here.