If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
next47 is a global venture firm created by Siemens AG that invests in, and partners with, entrepreneurs who think big and build industry-defining companies. With offices in Boston, Beijing, London, Munich and Palo Alto, next47 gives start-ups unparalleled access to one of the world’s largest portfolios of customers in the areas of industry, energy and infrastructure as well as domain expertise in the deep technologies that impact those customers.
Your new role
This role focuses on the key elements of world class venture investing: sourcing, analyzing, and winning the opportunity to work with top tier start-ups:
- Source new investments including meeting with founders and entrepreneurs, attending relevant conferences and networking events, and calling on new prospects.
- Establish industry knowledge and contacts to help drive investment strategy and effectively conduct due diligence.
- Lead all aspects of due diligence including market sizing and mapping, and industry research.
- Develop financial models relating to financings, valuation analyses and liquidity events
An additional focus of the role is to collaborate with the Siemens businesses:
- Be an advocate for the Siemens businesses, understand their innovation priorities and incorporate in next47’s investment approach
- Aggregate and share next47’s overall knowledge generated around the globe providing new insights to the Siemens businesses
- Be an evangelist for the global next47 portfolio helping the Siemens businesses to understand the markets of tomorrow
- Facilitate a regular bidirectional innovation exchange on C-level
- Excellent track record with a PhD or MBA from a top-tier program
- A technical degree such as Diploma or Master in Physics, or a demonstrable record of highly technical equivalent work experience
- Strong, active ties to start-up and VC communities in Europe
- >7 years of total work experience in the Venture Capital industry or comparable
- Deep insights into trends and innovations of the Industrial Software and Automation market
- Excitement for the startup ecosystem, networks, and deal sourcing and investment processes
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills with proven ability to develop and maintain effective business relationships
- Ability to interpret data and provide relevant conclusions/ recommendations in a group setting
- Excellent organizational skills, self-starter with strong work ethics
If interested, please apply here.