Comcast Ventures (CV) is the venture fund affiliated with Comcast Corporation, the parent company of Comcast Cable and NBCUniversal. CV is focused on generating superior financial returns from early to growth stage investments in technology and technology-enabled services. CV fosters the success of its portfolio companies by leveraging the unique insights and resources of both CV and the Comcast/NBCUniversal family of operating units. Based in San Francisco, CV has offices in Palo Alto, New York City, Los Angeles and Philadelphia. For more information, see www.comcastventures.com
Comcast Ventures is hiring a Principal to the join its West Coast team (Los Angeles based). The Principal will closely collaborate with CV’s Managing Directors on new investment sectors, deal prospecting, investment diligence, and portfolio management. The Principal will also be an outbound focused ambassador for Comcast Ventures who will nurture existing Los Angeles tech and related sector relationships and foster new relationships with entrepreneurs, investors and industry practitioners.
– Source and identify compelling private company investment candidates that align with our investment thesis areas and attributes
– Build financial models, pro formas, and investment cases for target investment prospects, including but not limited, marketing sizing and growth analysis bottoms up, key performance indicator (KPI) and metrics analyses, financial sensitivity analyses, private & public company financial comps analysis, investment return analyses with complex deal structures, and distribution of exit outcomes forecasting.
– Work closely with Partners leading investment deals and support all aspects of deal sourcing, due diligence, closure, and company management & portfolio oversight
– Regularly network with entrepreneurs, management teams, engineers, and UX designers and institutionalize professional network to advance the mission of CV
– Conduct organized primary & secondary research to support investment due diligence. Strong familiarity with various online research tools including but not limited to, Pitchbook, CBInsights, AppAnnie, SimilarWeb, etc.
– Provide coordination and support for existing portfolio companies
– Solve problems as they arise with creative yet professional thinking
– Serve as a conduit and business development leader for commercial deals and opportunities between Comcast Ventures’ portfolio companies and Comcast & NBCU
– Uses financial and market analysis to evaluate strategic options.
– Takes into consideration key opportunities for increasing profitability and minimizing inefficiencies within areas of responsibility.
– Creates, implements, and achieves realistic, aggressive goals to align with business objectives.
– Works with contacts to establish, track, and analyze key financial and operational performance metrics/procedures to foster process improvement.
– Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
– Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
– Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
– BA or BS from top-tier University. Will consider Finance, Business or other related degrees.
– Master’s Degree or Equivalent
– Generally requires 12+ years related experience
– Minimum of 5 years of investment banking, private equity, or related experience
– Minimum 1 year of startup, operating, corporate development, or venture capital experience
– Willing to be based in Santa Monica, CA, or a nearby city, and work in a lean, high performance team
– Strong work ethic
– Strong local, LA professional network among startup entrepreneurs
– Strong EQ for identifying talented entrepreneurs and working with management teams
– Strong software products sensibility and personal interest experience with social, marketplaces, and data analytics products is a plus
– Deep financial analysis experience including KPI and key ratios analyses, and the ability to model growth options for private companies
– Ability to deconstruct complex business problems and technology company operations into key distilled drivers of success
– Open to mentorship and eager to learn
– Works well in small and large group settings
– Very collaborative with team members with a strong inclination to help others
– Willing to travel, as needed
If interested, please apply here.