Citi Ventures is Citi’s corporate innovation group. The Venture Investing team within Citi Ventures (VI) team focuses on identifying and investing in entrepreneurs who will help define the future of financial services. VI also seeks to add value to distinctive external startups and particularly to its portfolio companies by fostering interactions with Citi and/or Citi clients to identify potential matches; this achieves the dual objectives of helping our portfolio companies scale and enhance their product roadmaps while helping Citi offer innovative capabilities to our client and customers.
The VI team is seeking a highly motivated individual to help (a) formalize and scale a warrants program, and (b) drive the commercialization/BU engagement program for portfolio and non-portfolio companies, and (c) assist in the core investing program by identifying, executing and managing investments.
Position Scope & Responsibilities:
- Formalize the structure for a warrants program that could scale across regions in support of commercial deals signed between BUs and startups; help structure deals, drive approvals and provide ongoing tracking and management
- Source new warrant opportunities where there is an imminent commercial relationship between Citi and the startup, through engagements with businesses and functions
- Manage commercialization efforts for portfolio and non-portfolio companies in collaboration with business units and functions
- Manage the Venture Investing Catalyst program. Catalysts are individuals that act as liaisons between the Venture Investing group and business units to drive external startup innovation into the BUs
- As bandwidth allows, assist in the core investing program by finding, executing and managing venture investing deals:
- Conduct market research on emerging industry trends and specific startups
- Organize and attend venture capital and startup ecosystem events
- Source, screen and track deal flow proactively, via research-based targeted outreach, and by developing relationships with entrepreneurs and investors
- Conduct due diligence on potential investments in collaboration with deal leads
- Help portfolio companies align product roadmaps with key industry challenges and navigate Citi with relevant introductions
- Must have a bachelor’s degree (and ideally master’s degree) from top schools, preferably in Economics or other analytical disciplines
- Must have a minimum of two years’ experience with business development or other deal oriented job function; should have demonstrated ability to drive negotiations to a close
- Should have a demonstrated ability to work across organizational boundaries in a matrix-managed environment
- Drive and ability to collaborate in teams and work independently
- An interest in technology, startups and venture capital, and analytical skills to analyze and diligence startups, and build investment theses
- Ability to navigate a large financial services organization and to engage executives from Citi and Citi Clients
If interested, please apply here.