You run the weekly fund meeting where we review deals with the General Partners. Touching every deal that flows through Capital Factory, the most active early stage investor in Texas, you’ll have a pulse on the best startups in the state and be a constant magnet for referrals from other VC’s. In two or three years you’ll gain a decade worth of experience.
- You have experience raising millions of dollars in capital as a founder or investing as part of a venture capital team
- You understand tech startup terminology, term sheets, and diligence
- You are analytical and can do independent research and diligence
- You are a self-starter and can “manage up” with busy executives
- You are organized and plan ahead, but you don’t get stressed out when things change at the last minute – because they will – you roll with it
- You plan to stay in Austin and fully committed to this position for the next 2 years
About Our Team…
- We have a passion for startups and technology
- We have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- We are professional and presentable and greet everyone cheerfully. We’re ready to deal with an immature student, a pushy salesperson, top VC’s, a fortune 500 CEO, and even the President of the United States
- We are excited to work in downtown Austin and have reliable transportation
- We have a reliable laptop computer and smartphone
- We are security aware. We have a pass code on our computers and phones and use a password manager
- We are available during SXSW (Spring Break) and Startup Week
- We get to Inbox Zero every day
You’ll know if you’re successful if….
- We review every one of the companies in our existing portfolio who raise new funding or follow on funding and don’t miss any because we didn’t know about it.
- You follow up aggressively on new investments outside our portfolio that are referred by Venture Partners or General Partners
- You source venture backed deals that we wouldn’t have found out about otherwise
- We don’t hear complaints about us being unresponsive or holding up deals because we’re the last ones to sign
- The weekly Monday meeting has an agenda sent out on Friday and runs smoothly
- Other VCs and startup CEOs enjoy working with you so much that they give unsolicited feedback about how great you are to work with and they show they mean it by referring us deals
- The rest of the Ventures team loves working with you and you are able to collaboratively co-sponsor deals with Venture Associates
- 15 days PTO (prorated based on start date), plus paid holidays including the week between Christmas Eve and New Year’s Day
- Personal health, vision and dental insurance (employee only is 100% paid for)
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Co-working membership at Capital Factory
- Downtown parking space
- Access to the Omni hotel gym and pool
If interested, please apply here.