- Ability to travel internationally.
- This position requires travel up to 30% of the time.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Demonstrated venture capital, investment banking, private equity, mergers and acquisitions or entrepreneurial law experience.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of insurance
- Solid knowledge and understanding of certain technology concepts potentially related to insurance, including but not limited to IoT, machine learning, cybersecurity, blockchain, UAVs, autonomous vehicles, etc.
- Demonstrated experience evaluating business models.
- Demonstrated experience negotiating business transactions.
- Demonstrated experience with financial analysis, financial modeling and valuation.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of corporate finance and capital markets.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of corporate governance.
- Demonstrated experience providing customer-driven solutions, support or service
- Demonstrated experience developing presentations and communications
Additional Job Information:
- Offer to selected candidate will be made contingent on the results of applicable background checks
- Offer to selected candidate in contingent on signing a non-disclosure agreement for proprietary information, trade secrets, and inventions
- Our policy restricts consideration of applicants needing employment sponsorship (visas) to specialty occupations. Sponsorship will not be considered for this position
- This position is located in Madison, WI.
- Relocation assistance is available
- Leads the development of investment theses based on industry research and internal knowledge.
- Develops a robust deal flow network to provide early access to relevant opportunities.
- Evaluates deal opportunities using criteria and methods relevant to early stage investments.
- Presents findings and recommendations to fund leadership for investment decisions
- Develops and executes negotiating strategies .
- Assists in closing deals by coordinating requirements; works with legal counsel as required.
- Identifies and executes opportunities to aid portfolio companies in their growth.
- Serves as American Family Ventures` representative as needed on portfolio company boards as a director or board observer.
- Participates in fund strategic planning with other Principals and Managing Director
- Leads the development of internal partnerships
- Manages and/or coaches team members
- Participates in capital source relationship management
- Oversees performance reporting, business development, and marketing functions
If interested, please apply here.