The SAP.iO Fund invests in entrepreneurs building great software.
SAP is catalyzing an early-stage ecosystem of innovation. The SAP.iO Fund directly invests into visionary, early-stage startups who leverage SAP’s unique assets, including SAP data, APIs, or platform technologies, to deliver extraordinary value for SAP customers.
The SAP.iO Fund Investment Partner will source, identify, evaluate, and lead investments for SAP.iO Fund in the most innovative early-stage startups building great B2B software. This position reports directly to the Managing Director of the SAP.iO Fund.
- Drive sourcing and deal flow for the SAP.iO Fund
- Drive partnerships and awareness of the SAP.iO Fund primarily within the SF Bay Area startup and investment ecosystems, but also in other startup hubs including Berlin, Paris, London, and Tel Aviv; spanning venture capitalists, investment bankers, external accelerators, event planners, meet ups, etc.
- Conducting due diligence on companies, industries, products, customers, and competitors by researching, reading financial statements, market data, etc.
- Building out early-stage investment financial modeling and projections
- Analyzing financial and operational information relating to potential investments and portfolio companies, e.g. company results, profit and loss, growth rates, market share, etc.
- Keeping up to date with market developments, new investment products and all other areas that can affect the markets and investments
- Participating in periodic updates to appropriate board committees and executive management groups
- Drafting and writing research reports and presentations as needed for stakeholders, both internal and external to SAP.iO
- Meeting with and providing information to the SAP.iO Fund’s Managing Director, including: summaries of research, investment themes, and key events
- Making recommendations to SAP.iO Fund leadership, e.g., positioning and articulating the risk or payoff for each recommendation
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Demonstrated track record of successful early-stage (e.g., seed / series A) investing
- 5+ years of investing experience at a top-tier venture capital firm or equivalent experience in a high-growth technology company
- At least 3 years additional experience working in enterprise software preferred
- Ability to build and expand professional networks on behalf of the SAP.iO Fund
- Ability to quickly build relationships and convey influence when needed at all levels, in order to build support and maintain direction
- Deep understanding of emerging technologies relevant to enterprise software, and the ability to evaluate strategic impact
- Distinctive ability in quantitative modeling and an ability to drive insights out of large data sets
- Experience recruiting, training, and managing top-tier associates and analysts
- Experience in research, analysis, and evaluation with an ability to communicate complex messages in a targeted manner depending on the audience and format (e.g., Word document, PowerPoint presentation, conference, etc.)
- Desire to learn new information and be a self-motivated starter with strong sense of self, self-confidence, drive, grit, and tenacity
- Demonstrated track record of taking initiative, being flexible, and promoting innovation
- Proven ability to work with speed, agility, and accuracy to deadlines
- Interest in current affairs and an appreciation of their impact on markets, technology, SAP customers, the ecosystem, investments, etc.
- Expert level using Microsoft Office programs (e.g., Word, Excel, Powerpoint) to create executive-level briefings / presentations
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required from a top-tier university; MBA/Master’s degree or equivalent preferred
- Programs and events executed on time, quality and budget
- Marketing, communication, and branding success for SAP.io within the community and relevant ecosystem
- Successful risk mitigation (delivery risks are identified and minimized before an issue)
- Strategy and execution in sourcing, screening, investing, and offering portfolio support
- Provision of timely and effective information to all SAP.io stakeholders
- Quality and quantity of deals sourced, identified, evaluated, and led to investment
If interested, please apply here.