The Providence Ventures (PV) Partner is expected to independently lead investment transactions, by personally sourcing and maturing his/her own investment opportunities. The Partner will effectively guide the efforts of more junior team members around critical transaction areas, such as financial/investment modelling and comprehensive due diligence, while establishing trusted relationships with entrepreneurs and co-investors, both pre- and post-investment. The Partner will be expected to source high-quality investment opportunities and formulate proactive investment theses on areas of interest. This position will lead all facets of analysis and assessment of potential venture capital investments and portfolio management activities. In addition to core investment activity, the Partner will be expected to offer thought-partnership regarding fund strategy and operational enhancement, and be highly capable representing PV as one of its senior team members at both high-level internal stakeholder meetings and at industry events.
In this position you will:
- Oversee the development of financial models relating to VC financing transactions, restructurings, valuation analyses and liquidity events
- Lead due diligence such as customer and management references, industry research (e.g. market sizing and mapping and competitive landscape analyses), while developing a convicted viewpoint on investment opportunities
- Craft investment memoranda and presentation materials in a lead investor capacity, to include developing and refining presentation themes, data gathering and synthesis, and constructing professional presentation materials
- Assume Board-level responsibility, where appropriate, when working with portfolio companies to help enhance their performance; closely monitor portfolio company performance and be willing to dig in deeply on portfolio company internal and external business development, as needed
- Help guide fund strategy with respect to process and infrastructure, to ensure the long-term scalability of PV’s Fund
- Demonstrate an ability to leverage a mature, existing network of relationships that enable the Partner to source a commensurate number of compelling investment opportunities
- Demonstrate deep experience in effectively advocating for quality investment opportunities to PV’s Executive Investment Committee
- Engage in effective PR modalities, including social media outlets and traditional speaking engagements to evangelize PV’s value as an investor
Above all, we are looking for a servant leader whose personal and professional background demonstrates a genuine passion for the mission and core values of Providence Health & Services. You have a style that emphasizes openness, collaboration, visibility, and connectivity. A strong, confident, results-oriented, and decisive leader with the capacity to balance the big picture and strategic perspective with a focus on operations and the details of execution. You can articulate how your work improves healthcare delivery in the communities that we serve.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Finance or Technology-related Field is required.
- Master’s Degree in Business/Finance or Technology-related Field is preferred.
- More than 10 years’ experience from previous employment in venture capital/growth equity investing, investment banking, strategy consulting, relevant corporate development role, or some combination of the above. Partner must be able to demonstrate extensive investment transaction expertise, and have experience providing Board-level governance to entrepreneurial companies.
ABOUT PROVIDENCE ST. JOSEPH HEALTH
In 1912, a small group of Sisters of St. Joseph landed on the rugged shores of Eureka, Calif., to provide education and health care. The ministry later established roots in Orange, California and expanded to serve Southern California, the California High Desert, Northern California and Texas. The health system established many key partnerships, including a merger between Lubbock Methodist Hospital System and St. Mary Hospital to form Covenant Health in Lubbock Texas. Recently, an affiliation was established with Hoag Health to increase access to services in Orange County, California.
At present, the Providence St. Joseph Health family includes:
- Providence Health & Services
- St. Joseph Health System
- Covenant Health in Texas
- Facey Medical Foundation in California
- Hoag Memorial Presbyterian in California
- Kadlec in Washington
- Pacific Medical Centers in Washington
- Swedish Health Services in Washington
For more information about Providence St. Joseph Health, visit http://www.psjhealth.org
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits – see our website for details
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
If interested, please apply here.