PSL is a startup studio and early-stage venture capital fund. We develop ideas with entrepreneurs from scratch and validate or kill them (ruthlessly). We also invest significant capital and work with exceptional entrepreneurs in the Pacific Northwest to turn the best ideas into venture-funded companies with rapid customer and market adoption.
Building a great startup is hard. Really hard. It requires domain expertise, uncommon talent, great execution, perfect timing, and a little luck. Our team of engineers, designers, data scientists, digital marketers, and successful founders have developed a successful, systematic approach for validating rapidly and refining new business ideas. In fact, we have spun out 19 companies, with a 100% success rate in getting them venture funded. To continue to build meaningful companies at scale, we need to systemize our recruiting engine to find the perfect leaders for our spinouts and investments.
Are you interested in exploring a challenging opportunity in a fun environment? We’re looking for a talent detective to work with our management team to help grow our EIR (entrepreneur-in-residence) and CEO network with top talent for the next billion-dollar companies..
As our Talent Partner, a typical day might include the following . . .
- Develop and execute on a strategic sourcing plan/timeline to build a strong and diverse pipeline of future CEOs/EIRs through channels, including personal networking, social networks, blogs, forums, advertising, cold outreaches, and research methods.
- Partner with the leadership team to identify and continuously nurture the best potential future CEO pipeline for startups.
- Create and lead a Talent Program focused on identifying and forming a strong perspective on the next-gen set of CEOs/EIRs and companies for the PSL portfolio.
- Build strategies to promote our employer brand and engage future CEO/EIR talent within the community through networking events, meetups, and other creative strategies.
- Guide leaders to create a consistent interview process and make transparent, unbiased hiring decisions that result in the growth of diverse, talented and sustainable teams. Provide internal trainings and coaching as needed.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for CEO/EIRs throughout the full recruiting cycle (i.e. communicate status, answer questions and coordinate all follow-up efforts).
- Define the company’s recruiting metrics and establish reporting to measure effectiveness. Create and report on recruiting metrics, including but not limited to: tracking actual to plan, hiring velocity, diversity, and quality of hire.
- Focus on providing a great candidate experience through every stage of the interview process.
- Contribute ideas to our company recruiting process, company culture, etc. The goal is to do it better than it’s ever been done before.
This job might be for you if…
- You have a hunter, not a gatherer mindset.
- A demonstrated ability to influence leaders.
- You index high on personal resilience and sense of urgency.
- You worked with or for “venture scale” CEOs and you know what it takes.
- You have previously built talent acquisition processes and strategies from the ground up at one or more startups.
- Thinking strategically and working tactically comes naturally to you.
- Getting your “hands dirty” with candidate pipelining and engagement is the fun part of your day and you are able to surface more candidates off LinkedIn than on it.
- You’re a natural relationship builder, and form strong rapport with hiring managers and candidates
- High EQ – You have exceptional collaboration, and interpersonal skills, including humility, empathy, and a true love of people
- You can provide “just enough” structure and process to get the job done
- You sincerely enjoy working at the pace of a fast-growing startup and have a strong sense of urgency.
- 5+ years of startup recruiting experience.
- BA/BS degree.
If interested, please apply here.