LiveOak Venture Partners is based in Austin, TX and was founded by Venu Shamapant, Krishna Srinivasan and Ben Scott (all formerly of Austin Ventures). While many of LiveOak’s investments begin in the early stages, LiveOak is a full lifecycle investor focused on technology and technology-enabled services companies based in Texas.
With over 17 years of successful early stage investing in Texas, the founders of LiveOak have helped entrepreneurs create industry-leading companies such as Spatial Wireless (acquired by Alcatel-Lucent), Navini Networks (acquired by Cisco Systems), LifeSize Technologies (acquired by Logitech), Mavenir Systems (NYSE: MVNR), and StackEngine (acquired by Oracle).
Current portfolio includes companies in Vertical SaaS (CS Disco, Digital Pharmacist, NarrativeDX, Opcity), Enterprise solutions (Infocyte, NSS Labs, Ojo, Telestax, Veros Systems) and Infrastructure solutions (Mavenir Technologies, Razberi Technologies).
In conjunction with our second fund, we are looking to expand the ranks of our investment professionals. We are looking to hire an individual who has proven to be exceptional in venture capital / startup environments.
This Principal level role is a Partner track position. We fully expect this individual, if successful, to move up to Partner in the next LiveOak Fund; at that stage they will be building and managing their own portfolio.
Depending on the experience of the candidate, this position can be expanded to be a Partner level role.
1. Partner with General Partners to drive new investments
- Generate high quality deal flow by proactively identifying entrepreneurs and investment opportunities
- Evaluate new investment opportunities from founders seeking our capital
- Drive supporting diligence and coordinate closing of new investments
2. Portfolio Support
- Attend board meetings
- Play an active role in all aspects of portfolio company development
3. Firm & Ecosystem Development
- Active participation in the startup community and frequent attendance at events, panels, and discussions
- Drive analysis, thematic research, knowledge acquisition, and contribute to fund level thinking and strategy
We are a small team and this opportunity is only open to experienced applicants. Please apply if you qualify in the following areas:
- 3-4 years of experience in venture capital OR senior executive level experience at a successful venture backed startup OR strategy consulting/banking experience with strong exposure to early stage technology companies
- Great entrepreneur UI and hustle to generate deal flow
- Concrete demonstration of ability to develop thematic perspectives and translate to investment opportunities
If interested, please apply here.