- Synthesize external venture investment trends and translate into relevant insights for IBM senior business unit leaders
- Work with senior IBM business unit leaders to understand their strategy, partnership plans, and articulate where IBM Ventures can best support their efforts
- Engage with VCs and startups to identify disruptive technology and business models and gaps/opportunities for IBM business units
- Interact with startups and articulate IBM value in partnerships
- Identify and champion use cases between IBM products/solutions and startups
- Lead IBM Ventures engagements with clients, for programs including Innovation Hub and Innovation briefings
- Develop and present to internal and external audiences on emerging opportunities including IoT, AI, AR/VR, cloud, robotics, analytics, fintech, blockchain and others
- Represent IBM in conferences and networking events to promote IBM thought leadership and help IBM build the ecosystem of startups
- Lead any other projects that may arise through the course of business (e.g., support of ad hoc requests from IBM business leaders, including Business Units, Corporate Strategy, Corporate Development, Corporate Marketing, etc.).
- Participate and contribute in weekly partnership meetings.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor’s degree
- Previous experience (min 5 years)
- Work experience in venture capital
- Work experience in the world of technology startups
- Work experience in with managing C-level executive relationships
- Established network in the Silicon Valley and global innovation ecosystems (including VCs, corporate VCs, startup organizations, incubators/accelerators)
- Proven ability to develop and manage partnerships in a large corporation
- Interpersonal, communication and written skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with entrepreneurs, clients and others from diverse
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Corporate VC experience
- Experience with C-level executives of large corporations
- Experience working in a matrixed organization
If interested, please apply here.