CircleUp harnesses the power of machine learning and predictive analytics to discover some of the fastest-growing companies in the consumer & retail sector. Our mission is to help entrepreneurs thrive by giving them the resources and capital they need. We are building a predictive data system called “Helio” to bring the data-driven revolution that has occurred in the public markets to the private markets, starting with consumer & retail. We’ve caught the eye of companies such as Forbes, Bloomberg, Fast Company and the Financial Times.
CircleUp has been named one of the Top 5 Most Disruptive Companies in Finance by CNBC, one of the 50 Best FinTech Innovators by KPMG, Top 3 Most Innovative Companies within Data Science by Fast Company and one of America’s Most Promising Companies by Forbes. We are backed by top-tier investors including Google Ventures, Union Square Ventures (backers of Etsy/Kickstarter), and the ex CEOs/Presidents of Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, Thomson Reuters, the Stanford Endowment and Capital On.
We’re growing and looking for another Partner on our investment team with a successful track record of managing a sourcing funnel and executing on new deals!
- Independently manage the process for investments in early stage consumer packaged goods (CPG) companies
- Identify potential companies/industries of interest within the CPG space and proactively source new investments.
- Lead all diligence for new investment opportunities, including investment thesis development, competitive analysis, market sizing, financial analysis and deal structuring
- Present investment proposals to investment committee and actively participate in discussions and decisions
- Monitor and support portfolio companies
- Act as a strong representative in a variety of contexts, including with potential industry partners, at trade shows and conferences
- Collaborate cross-functionally across the different teams at CircleUp, including both the credit and systematic equity funds as well as our technology platform team
- Bachelor’s degree (Accounting/Economics/Finance Preferred)
- 2+ years of consumer investing experience at a Venture Capital, Private Equity or Investment Banking firm.
- Experience sourcing opportunities and developing relationships
- Experience leveraging data to work through and manage a sourcing funnel.
- Solid understanding of financial, accounting and valuation concepts
- Very strong analytical, problem solving and conceptual skills
- Highly proactive and an ability to work both independently and as part of the team
- Exceptional integrity, highly intelligent and strong work ethic
IF interested, please apply here.