ZZ Ventures is a venture capital firm headquartered in San Francisco which is focused on investing in highly compelling and emerging technology companies in both venture and growth stages, as well as direct fund investments into leading venture capital firms.
The ZZ Ventures team is comprised of investment professionals with significant transaction experience. We also have a strong Senior Advisor team comprised of top-tier US venture capital firm leaders and successful serial entrepreneurs. Our Senior Advisors possess significant operational and cross-border transaction expertise.
ZZ Ventures invests in companies and funds involved in the development of innovative next- generation technologies and solutions for the global market.
We seek to add value to our invested companies and funds by helping them successfully penetrate the Chinese market through our cross-border resources.
Background of ZZ Ventures
ZZ Ventures is a venture firm that was initially sponsored by one of China’s leading multi-asset financial services firms with AUM of over $240 billion USD (1.6 trillion RMB), as well as significant holdings in 100+ private and public companies and 10,000+ employees. The primary lines of business include Private Equity, Wealth Management, Trust, Mutual Funds, and Specialty Financings.
- High-growth market opportunity
- Next-gen global category leaders
- Strong, experienced management team
- Interest in the China market preferred
- Target check size of $1-10mm for venture capital and $10-30mm for growth capital
The Managing Director will be a senior and experienced investment professional who has worked in early stage venture capital space. This role will be responsible for sourcing deal flow from his/her network that will lead to early stage investments. This person will be responsible for building an investment team comprised of other Managing Directors, Principals, and Associates with a sector focus on Vertically-Focused Technologies, Enterprise Software and IT, IoT, and Emerging Technology. The role will be responsible for building and managing portfolio, and realizing attractive exit opportunities.
- Provide hands-on leadership for all aspects of investment activity—from origination to exit—with the goal of investing a significant amount of capital annually into high-quality opportunities
- Source proprietary investment opportunities and create an investment deal flow pipeline
- Validate the business opportunity, establish an investment case, and structure andnegotiate terms for potential investments
- Maintain great relationships with entrepreneurs and other venture capital funds
- Develop a complete understanding of an emerging technology company by evaluating its market opportunity, competition, product, sales and growth, operations, financial statements and projections, management strength, equity needs, and capital structure
- Work with and support portfolio companies, including attending board meetings and monitoring performance to ensure returns and strategic objectives are achievedQUALIFICATIONS
- A minimum of 15 years of experience including significant experience at a top-tier venture capital firm or major corporation venture capital group, with a deep understanding of the early stage venture capital space. Work experience in Silicon Valley/San Francisco preferred
- Proven experience from sourcing to exiting investments, including deal analysis, due diligence, reviewing and negotiating all documentation, serving as deal interface, and driving deal processes to completion
- Highly developed analytical skills with ability to define issues, collect and analyze pertinent data, identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions, draw valid conclusions, propose sound recommendations, and implement approved solutions in support of specified goals; attention to detail is critical
- Exceptional organizational, communication, and presentation skills, including the ability to prepare comprehensive and insightful investment memoranda
- Solid interpersonal skills with success as an approachable collaborator at all levels of an organization
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple deal workflow processes simultaneously
- Personal characteristics: high intellect, highest degrees of integrity and professionalism,strong work ethic, entrepreneurial, results-driven
- China-related industry or venture investment experience strongly preferred (not required)
Interested candidates should send the resumes to email@example.com