ZZ Ventures is a venture capital firm headquartered in San Francisco. We focus on investing in highly compelling and emerging technology companies in both venture and growth stages that are involved in the development of innovative next-generation technologies and solutions for the global market. We seek to add value to our invested companies by helping them successfully penetrate the Chinese market through our cross-border resources.
The Managing Director will be a senior and experienced investment professional who has worked in the early stage venture capital space. This role will be responsible for sourcing deal flow from his/her network that will lead to early stage investments. This person will be responsible for building an investment team comprised of other Managing Directors, Principals, and Associates with a sector focus on financial services, technology, education, and healthcare. The role will be responsible for building and managing portfolio and realizing attractive exit opportunities.
- Provide hands-on leadership for all aspects of investment activity—from origination to exit—with the goal of investing a significant amount of capital annually into high-quality opportunities
- Source proprietary investment opportunities and create an investment deal flow pipeline
- Validate the business opportunity, establish an investment case, and structure and negotiate terms for potential investments
- Maintain great relationships with entrepreneurs and other venture capital funds.
- Develop a complete understanding of an emerging company by evaluating its market opportunity, competition, product, sales and growth, operations, financial statements and projections, management strength, equity needs, and capital structure
- Work with and support portfolio companies, including attending board meetings and monitoring performance to ensure returns and strategic objectives are achieved
- A minimum of 15 years of experience including significant experience at a top-tier venture capital firm, or major corporation venture capital group, with a deep understanding of the early stage venture capital space. Work experience in San Francisco Bay Area preferred
- Proven experience from sourcing to exiting investments, including deal analysis, due diligence, reviewing and negotiating all documentation, serving as deal interface, and driving deal processes to completion
- Highly developed analytical skills with ability to define issues, collect and analyze pertinent data, identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions, draw valid conclusions, propose sound recommendations, and implement approved solutions in support of specified goals; attention to detail is critical
- China-related industry or venture investment experience strongly preferred (not required)
Please send resume to email@example.com