Leading HELLA Ventures in Silicon Valley with responsibility to identify auto-related technologies and business models that will change the future of the automobile industry. Working with Silicon Valley start-ups to develop the next generation of these world-changing technologies and business models. This individual will lead activities regarding sourcing new deals, negotiating and structuring investments, and managing the due diligence process.
BUSINESS MANAGEMENT EXTERNAL:
Monitor and control operational and capital expenditure and the effective use of existing capital equipment, materials and labor in order to provide an acceptable ongoing return on capital employed and stability of employment. Serve as the primary management interface of prospective technology companies and partners in the Silicon Valley ecosystem, coordinating events to spread awareness of HELLA Ventures technology and leadership, and identifying important industry trends and opportunities for HELLA.
BUSINESS MANAGEMENT INTERNAL:
Fulfil the needs of external customers by consistently meeting agreed requirements while adhering to corporate strategic objectives which are acceptable to all business stakeholders in order to develop opportunities for growth and stability. Develop and execute investment strategy through qualification of external partners, managing engagement risk and project economics including planning & budgeting, and leading internal approvals for investments through HELLA top Management.
Ensure long-term satisfaction of external and internal partners through understanding requirements of customers and configuring the company to fulfil these requirements to improve the opportunities for the Company and Group.
Supervise, lead, and mentor a team of Associates and Analysts to build comprehensive market analyses and due diligence on auto related start-ups. Encourage and support an open culture capable to adapt to the dynamic venture capital and technology environment while achieving corporate targets consistently.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Business Administration, Sales or related subject area, Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 10 years experience in strategy roles within Technology or Automotive Industry.
- Knowledge of automotive technologies.
- Knowledge of Internet of Things (IoT) technologies.
- Experience working with Start-ups.
- Project Management experience having project managed one or more automotive based projects.
- Strong team player, independent, organized and able to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Strong communication skills – written, speaking, presentation.
- Strong interpersonal skills – the ability to influence and persuade to achieve desired outcomes.
- Willingness for occasional domestic and international travel.
IF interested, please apply here.