Why TAL? The first and by far the largest K-12 after-school Chinese education company listed on the NY Stock Exchange; Our business scope expands to -1-24 years old, establishes 10+ sub brands covering both online and offline, such as XRS, First Leap, Mobby, iZhikang etc. Create EdStars entrepreneurial platform and TAL Public Welfare Foundation, meanwhile strategically invest multiple brands, such as FaceThink, Babytree, Sharkpark.cn, volley etc. Our management team comes from industry-leading tech companies, such as Facebook, Baidu, Alibaba, and Didi. Extremely competitive compensation and benefits, along with short-term & long-term bonuses provide, and potential stock incentives, etc.
What you’ll get: Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package. Financial Health: 401k Personalized advice Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships. Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life.
- Source, appraise and recommend investment propositions to Venture Principals and Ventures Director and/or investment committee.
- Conduct thorough and robust financial, commercial, IP and legal due diligence when considering investment opportunities and assess potential risks for each investment
- Help negotiate terms and conditions to secure appropriate investment structures for investments.
- Manage the drafting and completion of all necessary legal documentation throughout the entire investment process.
- Monitor respective portfolio, attending boards as observer and helping to facilitate the appointment
- Where appropriate, place follow on investment in portfolio companies following the achievement of planned critical milestones
- Develop relationships with co-investors to secure timely and relevant investment from suitable third parties for new and follow on investments.
- Guide and influence portfolio companies to deliver profitable and timely exits in line with the funds commercial model.
- Develop and maintain links and networks with key stakeholders and intermediaries to source suitable investment opportunities.
- Maintain and develop technical and industry specific knowledge to ensure best practice and compliance in investment activity.
- Strong interest in EdTech industry
- Background & experience
- 3+ years VC experience
- Or successful startup founder with fundraising experience
- Or 5+ years experience in computer science, engineering or business development
- BS, MS in Business Administration, Finance, Computer Science with MBA being a plus
- Technology aptitude and knowledge in applicable focus areas defined by investment thesis
- Experience and ability to optimize strategic business alliances
- Track and close tasks with speed through a developed deal flow management process
- Bilingual (English and Chinese)
If interested, please apply here.