Stanley Ventures is an entity within Stanley Black & Decker that is responsible for finding, analyzing and investing in early stage, innovative businesses that have a strategic relevance to SBD businesses. The goal of these investments is to bring disruptive, innovative technologies to SBD from the outside.
The Investment Manager will be responsible for understanding the wide breath of products and services that each business is responsible for. The investment manager then identifies early stage companies that can fill the gaps or add to the businesses roadmaps. This is done by identifying the potential targets, working with the business to acquire a minority position, develop, maintain, and manage the relationship with the target to drive growth for the length of the investment. This position also requires the Investment Manager to mentor early stage businesses that could be a future target for investment.
Essential Job Functions
- Establish and broaden an effective open innovation network for sourcing technologies globally
- Engage in the industry via board seats, committees, incubators, universities, associations, etc.
- Identify, evaluate and develop high potential targets that are relevant to the SBD business
- Assess and perform due diligence and venture style funding for potential target
- Facilitates collaboration between targets and SBD businesses
- Supports the target and SBD business management teams
- Focused on the commercialization of the innovative technologies of the target in collaboration with businesses
- Mentor early stage companies by providing technical and commercial resources via the SBD businesses
- Put together creative business relationships that benefit both companies
- Be able to put together multi-company deal structures. This could include investing alongside other large corporate investors but could also include investing in multiple companies that could, together provide a collaborative solution to SBD
- Able to travel 25% of the time
Essential Skills & Experience
- College Degree in Engineering, Business, Finance or related discipline.
- 5 years’ experience in negotiating strategic, Business to Business agreements
- 5 years’ experience in working with technology businesses
- Entrepreneurial mindset, strong leadership skills, results driven
- Fast and comprehensive understanding of new technologies and market trends.
- Experienced manager of multi projects and complex systems.
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Investment/financial skills
- Ability to comfortably interact at all levels from C-level and senior executives to lower level team members
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and share ideas
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- MBA is a plus
- Five years of relevant work experience in Corporate Venture Capital, Investment management or M&A, Business Consulting, High Tech R&D, Corporate Strategy
IF interested, please apply here.