We’re part of Europe’s leading entertainment and communications business. With over 22 million customers across five countries, we make life easier by entertaining and connecting people. It’s a genuine team effort. That’s why we want talented people, like you, to join us and help make the future happen.
Over the last 5+ years Sky’s (LinkedIn, Crunchbase) Startup Investment team has invested in 20 Startups and 2 specialist venture funds, across the US, UK and Europe; we have also executed commercial partnerships with a number of our portfolio companies.
We invest across a range of company stages, from Seed (investing as little as $200k) through to later venture rounds (investing $10m+ in a single round). Our investment focus is within our industry sector and adjacent sectors.
The link below gives a brief overview of our current investment portfolio, which includes disruptive video propositions, drone racing, virtual reality, a global marketplace for TV rights and more: http://startups.sky.com/portfolio/current. Our exits to date include: Roku (IPO), Elemental (to Amazon), 1Mainstream (to Cisco), Net Power & Light (to Wickr), Beamly (to Coty), Chill (to IAC) and ViXS (to Pixelworks).
This role is based in Osterley, London.
As a valued employee of Sky, you’ll benefit from a free Sky Q premium package (one off payment required for installation), an excellent pension scheme and private health care. Plus, there’s a great range of other benefits to fit around your needs too.
Your key responsibilities
We are seeking a highly capable, self-motivated and personable individual to join our London based investment team, to work across new opportunity assessment, deal execution and portfolio management.
As a member of the team you’ll play a key role in driving:
• The initial assessment of new opportunities
• Establishing the rationale and strategic fit for any potential Sky investment
• Collaborating with and influencing senior internal stakeholders, to gain investment support
• Investment diligence (market, commercial and legal) and the execution of the deal, to deal close
• Supporting on portfolio management following deal close, includes follow-on investments and BD
• Prior venture investment experience, within a financial or corporate venture team (at least 2 years)
• Strong strategic, commercial and financial skill set gained from a professional background (at least 6 years of experience within VC/CVC, technology company, consulting or bank)
• Good understanding of the media industry, ideally with prior work experience within media
• Proven experience in complex stakeholder management
• Highly capable, self-motivated, collaborative and personable
• Naturally inquisitive, structural thinker and problem solver
• Strong academic record
If you’re ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, apply today
Happy to talk flexible working It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
If interested, please apply here.