Incorporated in 1984, main board-listed Singapore Press Holdings Ltd (SPH) is Asia’s leading media organisation, engaging minds and enriching lives across multiple languages and platforms. SPH’s core business is publishing of newspapers, magazines and books in both print and digital editions. It also owns other digital products, online classifieds, radio stations and outdoor media. On the property front, SPH owns 70% in a real estate investment trust called SPH REIT which comprises Paragon, a premier upscale retail mall and medical suite/office property in Orchard Road and The Clementi Mall, a mid-market suburban mall. SPH also owns and operates The Seletar Mall. It built an upmarket residential condominium, Sky@eleven, at Thomson Road, and is developing a new commercial cum residential site at Woodleigh Road. It also has a stake in Chinatown Point.
It is in the aged care sector and owns Orange Valley, Singapore’s largest private nursing home operator.
SPH runs a regional events and conferences arm, and a chain of Buzz retail outlets. It also invested in the education business.
For more information, please visit www.sph.com.sg
- Identify and originate investment opportunities to achieve investment mandates
- Assess commercial viability, conduct due diligence on investment targets
- Structure investments and negotiate investment terms
- Guide portfolio companies to grow in value and achieve higher returns on investments
- Advise portfolio companies on strategy implementation, management selection and business development
- Master / Bachelor Degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- Good analytical skills and business sense, with knowledge of financial modeling and analysis
- Preferably with Venture Capital investment experience in internet, digital media or technology sector
- Familiarity with Singapore/regional technology startup scene and/or relevant industry/operation background would be a significant advantage
- Excellent relationship management capabilities, communication and presentation skills
- Team player with strong abilities to multi-task and work independently in a fast-paced environment