Samsung Ventures America (SVA) is the US office for Samsung’s venture investment activities. The primary responsibilities of the group are to source, qualify, and invest in various technology related companies. Our major investment areas include semiconductors, materials, mobile service, internet, software, security, enterprise solutions, bio engineering & medical, film/video, while potential investment subjects range from early-stage startups to pre-IPO companies. Currently, the group has over $1.8B under management and invests $200M annually.
The investment manager for this role will mainly focus on investments in startups outside of Samsung’s major investment areas listed above. Investment areas will include Fintech, Insurtech, social platforms, auto tech and all other emerging technologies & business models.
- Develop themes and investment theses in emerging areas of technology
- Lead negotiation, structuring, and execution of investments
- Prepare investment memos and reports for investment committee
- Manage on-going relationship with portfolio companies and support business growth
- Actively participate in industry events to network with VCs and startups
- 10+ years of experience, including 3+ years in a VC or CVC
- MBA or Master’s degree in EE/CS preferred
- Knowledge in emerging technologies and business models in various industries
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in a startup or technology related company is a plus
If interested, please apply here.