Samsung Ventures Europe (SVE)(Crunchbase) is the European office for Samsung’s Europe investment activities. The primary responsibilities of the group are to source, qualify, and build relationships with various technology related companies. Our major investment areas include semiconductor, materials, telecommunication, software, Internet, mobile service, security, enterprise solution, bio engineering and medical industry, digital media industry, while potential investment subjects range from early stage start-ups to established companies that are about to be listed in the stock market. Currently, the group has $1.8+ Billion asset under management, and is expected to grow and invest up to approximately $300M over the next two to three years.
Purpose of the Role
Responsible for leading Samsung Venture’s investment activity and building a pipeline of technology companies relevant to the company. This role will focus on advanced technologies including material, manufacturing processes for semiconductor and others.
- This individual will have ownership and lead the investment team around technology and strategic direction
- Map investment trends, develop investment themes and build & maintain a pipeline of companies for partnership and/or investment
- Manage the entire investment process from conducting due diligence to closing the deals working with internal and external stake holders
- Actively monitor and support the investment portfolio companies
- Improve Samsung Ventures reputation, image and visibility within the entrepreneurial ecosystem
- Communicate broadly to the ecosystem where Samsung Ventures has and can add value
Key Competencies & characteristics
- Relevant technology and investment experience
- Solid business judgment and strategic thinking skills
- MBA preferred. Must have at least a Masters degree in Engineering or Science
- Ability to take a hypothesis-driven approach to investment decision-making
- Financial modelling
- Superior analytical skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
To be successful in this role you ideally have:
- Experience of VC investment
- educated to Graduate Level with engineering degree and MBA
- professional experience involving understanding of deep technology (materials, advanced manufacturing)
- Can collaborate and influence portfolio companies at top management level
- Negotiate investment deals and drive to successful completion
If interested, please apply here.