Samsung Ventures America (SVA) is the US office for Samsung’s venture investment activities. The primary responsibilities of the group are to source, qualify, and invest in various technology related companies. Our major investment areas include semiconductors, materials, mobile service, internet, software, security, enterprise solutions, bio engineering & medical, while potential investment subjects range from early-stage startups to pre-IPO companies. Currently, the group has over $2.1B under management and invests $250M annually.
Samsung Ventures America (Menlo Park & Boston Office) is seeking Investment Managers responsible for leading Samsung Ventures’ investment activities in various technology sectors including but not limited to mobile, TV, artificial intelligence, semiconductor, quantum computing, advanced materials, battery, robotics, autonomous vehicle, enterprise solutions, fintech, and insurtech.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead Samsung Ventures investments in one or more technology sectors
- Identify emerging technologies and companies of interest to Samsung Ventures for early, mid, and late stage investments
- Map investment trends, develop investment themes, generate research reports and build & maintain a pipeline of companies
- Manage entire investment process as needed from sourcing companies and conducting due diligence to closing deals and managing portfolio companies
- Serve on the board and support US-based portfolio companies subsequent to an investment
- Participate in industry events to network with VCs and startups to support deal flow
- Be a brand ambassador for Samsung Ventures and enhance the visibility and reputation within the entrepreneurial ecosystem.
- Communicate broadly to the ecosystem where Samsung Ventures has and can add value
- General office management including organizing logistics for internal/external events & meetings, and VIP visits.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Must have a technical graduate degree (Masters or Ph.D.) in computer science, material science, chemical engineering, mechanical engineering, or electrical engineering
- 3-5 years of experience in a field related to our areas of investment, or experience in VC
- Solid business judgment and strategic thinking skills
- Experience in leading and managing a team
- Ability to take a hypothesis-driven approach to investment decision-making
- Financial modelling
- Superior analytical skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
If interested, please apply here.