Salesforce is the global leader in customer relationship management (CRM) software. We pioneered the shift to cloud computing, and today we’re delivering the next generation of social, mobile and cloud technologies that help companies revolutionize the way they sell, service, market and innovate–and become customer companies. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, the World’s Most Innovative Company according to Forbes and one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For. Our more human, less corporate culture is built around doing work that matters, winning as a team and celebrating success Aloha-style. Ready to find your #dreamjob?
Job Title: Senior Manager, Impact Investing
Location: San Francisco, CA
About the Position:
Salesforce, the leading enterprise cloud computing company, is looking for a Senior Manager to join the impact investing team in San Francisco. This team is responsible for the Salesforce Impact Fund, a $50M fund that invests in mission-driven enterprise technology companies in sustainability, education and workforce development, diversity and inclusion solutions, and enabling technology for the social sector. The fund seeks investments with market returns, demonstrable social or environmental impact, and opportunities to grow the Salesforce ecosystem through strategic technology integrations.
The team is tasked with all aspects of deal flow and portfolio management, including: (i) identifying and evaluating investment opportunities; (ii) managing portfolio companies post-investment; (iii) collecting and managing impact metrics. In this position, you’ll have an exciting opportunity to advance an emerging strategy for corporate impact investing. This role will report to the Head of the Salesforce Impact Fund with a dotted line into Salesforce Ventures leadership.
- Build a strong pipeline of potential investments across the Salesforce Impact Fund’s four focus areas
- Conduct initial screening of potential investments, evaluating both business and impact models
- Support impact investing team on deal memos and deal execution
- Manage process for assessing impact at the time of due diligence and on an ongoing basis
- Actively monitor the investment portfolio through regular check-ins and work with portfolio companies on Salesforce partnership opportunities, new rounds of financing, etc.
- Monitor, research, and develop market intelligence and investment themes on emerging trends and disruptive companies in the Impact Fund’s four focus areas and enterprise SaaS
- Assist in planning programs and events to promote the Salesforce Impact Fund and convene portfolio companies, investors, and others in the ecosystem
- Build presentations for internal senior management as well as external audiences
- 6+ years of work experience
- Direct experience in and passion for social and/or environmental impact (e.g. in an operating role at a social enterprise or impact investing role)
- Experience in direct investing (e.g. at a venture capital firm, corporate venture arm, or a foundation deploying equity investments)
- Prior experience in technology industry
- Ability to evaluate opportunities from multiple perspectives (strategic fit, expected impact, market opportunity, operational capability, business model, financial performance, valuation, etc.)
- Ability to work cross-functionally within a dynamic, high growth organization
- Excellent writing and presentation skills and an ability to communicate succinctly and clearly
- Ability to work well under time pressure and juggle multiple priorities
- High level of energy, enthusiasm, and commitment to success
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Post-secondary education
- Advanced degree in relevant field
If interested, please apply here.