Qantas Group Innovation & Ventures – Investment Manager
- Unique permanent opportunity within Qantas Ventures team
- Sourcing, negotiating, executing and managing Qantas Ventures’ investment opportunities
- Exposure to vast array of business units and domains across Qantas Group
Founded in the Queensland outback in 1920, Qantas has continuously innovated and grown to become one of Australia’s leading globally recognised brands. Today, the Qantas Group operates a portfolio of diverse but highly synergistic B2C and B2B businesses across aviation, coalition loyalty and digital ventures.
To accelerate the Group’s ambitious innovation agenda, a dedicated corporate venture capital arm has been established (Qantas Ventures), to partner with and invest in early and growth stage technology companies. Qantas Ventures looks to support the best local and international entrepreneurs who can leverage Qantas Group’s global footprint, expertise and unique assets to scale within Australia and globally.
We’re looking for a passionate and experienced investment professional to join the Qantas Ventures team. You will support the sourcing, negotiation and portfolio management of investments, with a primary responsibility for leading the financial and commercial due diligence on prioritised investment targets.
- Identify and screen investment opportunities, initiating and managing relationships with founders
- Lead market, commercial, financial and valuation analysis for new investment opportunities
- Project manage the investment process, with target, co-investors, external legal and key internal stakeholders
- Develop deep market and investment insights into areas of interest
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion
- Prepare and deliver high quality presentations and reports to the Qantas Ventures leadership team, Investment Committee and Qantas Group Executives
- Actively engage with and grow our global community of entrepreneurs, VCs, investors and partners
What you’ll bring to the role:
- 4+ years investment, management consulting or senior management/founder start-up experience, ideally with direct exposure to venture capital fundraising rounds
- Demonstrable ability to build financial models and perform quantitative analysis necessary to assess unit economics, financial soundness and valuation reasonableness
- Experience preparing comprehensive, logical investment cases
- Resourceful and highly organised with proven ability to prioritise conflicting tasks in order to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to build constructive and effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work successfully both independently and in cross functional teams
- Experience and an active curiosity in technology, innovation and the start-up ecosystem
- Relentless passion for self-improvement and learning
Qantas is an equal opportunity employer, so by coming to work for us, you’ll be part of an organisation that encourages diversity, supports charities and environmental initiatives.
If interested, please apply here.