Odysseus Investments is the private equity and venture capital arm of Reech Corporations Group, an entrepreneurial group of businesses which is active internationally in wholesale and retail financial services, financial technology, real estate and real estate finance.
Odysseus operates both as principal and co-investor, taking strategic equity positions in pioneering companies, in order to leverage the entrepreneurial, capital markets and real estate expertise of the wider Group to accelerate their development. It is also creating a family of funds which will enable Odysseus to effectively mobilise the wider capital resources of Reech’s global investor network to benefit from these opportunities.
Odysseus Investments is at an exciting point in its development as it seeks to consolidate its reputation as a catalyst of innovation in banking, payments, insurance and property. Having achieved critical mass in terms of its initial ambitions, it is now looking to build the infrastructure necessary to propel the business on to its next phase. As part of that process, Odysseus is seeking an experienced portfolio manager to support the existing fund and its investments as they embark on the next stage of their evolution, and source the next wave of investments.
The ideal candidate will have experience in actively managing venture capital and private equity investments – ideally within a venture capital firm, investment bank or family office environment.
They will be expected to be able to:
- Scout and originate investment opportunities
- Actively build an optimised asset allocation and portfolio construction, in order to maximise the potential of the fund
- Conduct and execute the actual investment process including full due diligence
- Actively support the management teams within the investee firms in executing their strategies effectively as they seek to achieve sustainable scale
- Represent Odysseus and Reech Corporations to the investee companies and provide reciprocal accountability for performance and strategy implementation
- Actively identify opportunities for cross-pollination both within the portfolio and with the wider Reech Corporations Group.
He or she would be a self-starter in their mid-30s, with a strong academic background – preferably educated to Master’s degree or above. They should be able to demonstrate an ability to work effectively in an entrepreneurial environment and a keen interest in, knowledge of and enthusiasm for the financial services sector and a desire to actively participate in the wave of disruptive innovation which is going to upend the sector.
Remuneration will be highly geared to performance in delivering on the fund’s objectives.
Odysseus’ current portfolio comprises:
- Moola: a UK based robo-advisor (www.moo.la)
- Grid Finance: an Irish provider of finance to SMEs (www.gridfinance.ie)
- Bankify: a shared finance app (www.bankify.io)
- FinanzRitter: a German AI-based insurance broking app (www.finanzritter.com)
- Whitebox: a German robo advisor (www.whitebox.eu)
If interested, please apply here.