The Hartford Steam Boiler Inspection and Insurance Company (HSB), a part of Munich Re since 2009, provides equipment breakdown and other specialty coverages, inspection services and engineering consulting that set the standard for excellence worldwide. One of the world’s leading equipment breakdown insurers, HSB helps clients reduce risk through a unique combination of specialty coverages, engineering-based risk management strategies and loss prevention services. A.M. Best Company awarded the HSB Group of companies its highest financial rating, A++ (Superior). We look ahead, anticipate risk and leverage our knowledge and experience to develop new solutions to help our clients meet tomorrow’s challenges.
The Investment Manager will be a member of the investment team, with previous venture capital or consulting experience and a background in data and analytics or computer science, ideally with some exposure to financial services. The Investment Manager will participate in the end-to-end sourcing and execution of deals, as well as post-close engagement in on-going relationships, and the on-going processes of the venture group. In addition, as a member of the Ventures team, this role will help to develop key strategic themes for investment in partnership with the business. The position is located in San Francisco with frequent travel within the US and internationally.
- MBA degree
- 5+ years of experience, including 1-2 years in venture capital, investment banking, strategy consulting, or business/corporate development
- Knowledge and fluency in emerging technology and business models in sectors relevant to HSB & MunichRe
- Strong analytical business experience and a passion for new technology and engaging in the start-up community
- Disciplined adaptability and follow through skills
- Superior oral, written and visual communication skills
- Superior proactive networking and relationship development skills
- Proven teamwork skills both as a leader and cross-functional team member
- Self motivated with high initiative
- Willing to travel 15-20% of the time including internationally
- Computer Science degree
If interested, please apply here.