MicroVentures, a leading equity crowdfunding platform, is seeking a Due Diligence Manger to support our private investment opportunities.
In this role, you will lead the Due Diligence team and support our online marketplace. Your team will provide investors with an investment summary that balances a companies goals and objectives with market insights and analytics, to give investors a fair and balanced snapshot into a company. You will also manage the documentation and support materials for the company’s we engage with.
You will manage a team of Venture Analysts and will work directly with companies to complete a thorough due diligence process.
What you’ll do at MicroVentures:
- Lead and grow a team of Venture Analysts
- Own the MicroVentures’ due diligence process from on-boarding a new company to funding the investment
- Review business plans and pitch decks and provide feedback and analysis
- Assess market/company attractiveness to help identify compelling businesses
- Manage all aspects of due diligence on new investments (business analysis, industry theses, competitive landscape, business/pricing model, and data collection)
- Review and editing comprehensive research reports about investment opportunities prepared by the team
- Validate market/vertical research performed by the team on each company
- Have a thorough understanding of a startup’s corporate structure, cap table, and current raise offering documents
- Ensure that the team is constructing accurately detailed summaries of the startups business model
- Monitoring the and updating the team on venture capital and tech startup landscape
What we’re looking for:
- Minimum 3-5 years of related Management experience
- CFA designation or have already passed Level II
- Series 7 and Series 63 required
- Series 24 or can obtain within 3 months of hire date
- Experience in private markets or venture capital
- Strong knowledge and understanding of finance and US GAAP accounting
- You must have excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment with limited oversight
- Strong writing and grammar skills
- You must have a desire to relocate or currently live in Austin, TX to be considered for this role
- Annual discretionary bonus
- Healthcare, dental, disability
- 401(k) + match
- Company equity
- A challenging, fast-paced, continually changing environment
- Fully stocked break room and Team Lunch Wednesdays
If interested, please apply here.