We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Manager, Early Stage Investing, Corporate Development
This role is instrumental in developing and executing against Mastercard’s Corporate Development initiatives to further the Company’s growth strategy around the world and in fostering the cross functional coordination to enable successful transaction execution across the Company. It requires a big picture thinker able to fully connect with the payment industry environment and also see lateral opportunities across geographies and industries. The candidate should be able to understand and help to synthesize market and industry realities, identify competitive trends and partnership opportunities, navigate across Mastercard to gather key pieces of information cross functionally and promote potential strategic investment opportunities.
Support generation of Investment Rationales: Partner with product, market and corporate executives on their growth strategies to identify growth imperatives underserved by BAU business plans and potentially better executed via strategic investments and/or acquisitions.
Investment Profile Development & Execution: Converting inorganic growth objectives into optimal target investment profiles, source and screen investment candidates against those profiles and prioritize related deal execution.
Investment Business Case Building: Structure and articulate end-to-end analysis (strategic and financial) of prioritized target investments. Apply consulting-type frameworks and tools to develop robust and concise analysis and recommendations.
Cross Functional Coordination: Develop deep understanding of our products and solutions and geographic markets to advance the identification of relevant and impactful investment or acquisition opportunities.
Cross Team Transaction Execution: Based on the nature of the specific investment or acquisition, lead or support the related deal execution stages including due diligence, final approvals and definitive documentation.
ALL ABOUT YOU:
• Relevant industry and related technology knowledge and appetite/curiosity for exploration and constant update on market and industry trends, related technology and their impact on Mastercard’s business model
• Consulting/payments industries preferred – knowledge of Mastercard products and services a strong plus.
• Bachelor’s degree required, MBA or postgraduate preferred
• Previous experience in a global/international role preferred – strong multi-cultural sensibility required
• Strong relationship management and negotiation skills and the ability to influence across Mastercard
• Strong process management skills – able to understand and coordinate complex organizational processes and consolidate input from multiple stakeholders
• Highly-motivated / strong work ethic – Proven commitment to adapt and champion time sensitive/mission critical processes operating in a global and matrix-type organization. This includes the ability at times to multi-task at pace without losing broad perspective.
• Fast learner and able to link diverse sources of information to our business including ability to handle confidential information and materials with appropriate discretion
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills – ability to communicate findings in a compelling manner to internal and external audiences which include senior level executives
• Ability to link data analysis with business implications
• Strong PowerPoint/Excel skills. Previous experience in developing Board level materials well regarded
• Financial Modeling skills are required. Experience in Investment Banking or Consulting is a strong plus.
• Sound judgment to act autonomously and identify emerging issues and escalate them as required
• Ability to occasionally travel internationally less than <15% of the time
If interested, please apply here.