Do you want to be the Investment Manager shaping, driving and growing the venture portfolio of the Kramp Ag Ventures and Innovation Lab (in short “Kramp Lab”) and create a strategic impact in the highly dynamic agricultural ecosystem by bringing in your experience as entrepreneur, (co-)founder, top strategy consultant, investment or VC/CVC manager? In that case, this role might be the perfect match for you.
About Kramp Ag Ventures and Innovation Lab
The Kramp Ag Ventures and Innovation Lab (Kramp Lab) is the Kramp unit for venture investment, creation of new ventures and innovation activities. The primary responsibilities of the newly founded unit are to look into the international market for interesting investments in start-ups and scale-ups in the Ag (agri) space, taking opportunities to create own start-ups as well as experimentation with new technologies. Our investments are targeted in the Ag ecosystem in a broad perspective and with a long-term and strategic view. The stand-alone approach targets maximum speed, agility and acceleration.
Kramp Lab is operating on arms-length of the mother company Kramp, Europe’s largest online agricultural parts and accessories business. Kramp was founded in 1951 and has been setting market standards ever since. With a turnover of €800 million in 2017, good profitability, distribution centers in 11 countries, offices in >25 countries, an assortment of more than 500.000 parts, over 3.000 experienced colleagues and 40.000 B2B customers, Kramp is the stabile and ambitious backing partner for the Kramp Lab.
The investment manager for this role will analyze, judge and select interesting and qualified start-ups and scale-ups for investment and leads the deal making process as well as starting own innovative start-ups. Involvement will definitely not stop after a successful investment. This is where the journey of the strategic partnership starts; by staying well informed, involved and offering support in areas where the venture requires a growth boost, additional value is created. You will have a lot of freedom and space to help shaping the Kramp Lab organization and model. Agricultural roots would be perfect, but strong affinity with and passion for the sector a minimum.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop themes and investment theses in relevant areas of technology and / or business
- Lead negotiation, structuring, and execution of investments
- Prepare investment memos and reports for investment committee
- Manage on-going relationship with portfolio companies and support business growth
- Actively collaborate and network with VCs and startup
Required Skills and Experience
- 5-10 years of relevant experience (including VC deals and Due Diligence)
- Background in VC/investment, consulting or founding/scaling a start-up
- Experience with The Lean Startup methodology
- You bring the “toolbox” of knowledge and experience. Thinking strategically, applying the best processes, quickly translating problems to relevant analyses, communicate the outcomes clearly (“client-ready”) and experienced in steering internal and external (project) teams
- Good network in start-up scene
- Knowledge in emerging technologies and business models in various industries
- Intrinsic interest in, knowledge of and passion for the agricultural sector
- MBA or Master’s degree
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Experience as founder of an own start-up is a plus
- Experience in starting / running an incubator (or comparable programs) is a plus
Are you the person for the job? Please send your motivation and CV to email@example.com.