The investment department manager will be responsible for screening, analysing and executing investment opportunities. The manager will be involved in financial, technology due diligence, modelling and preparation of investment memorandum and presentations. The manager will also be involved with monitoring and evaluating performance of existing investments, preparing investor updates, and managing the companies’ investment portfolio.
- Source new investments including meeting with founders, owners, management, and entrepreneurs, attending relevant conferences and networking events, and calling on new prospects.
- Prepare in-depth financial and data analysis for potential investments, including customer and management references, market sizing and mapping, and industry research
- Develop financial models relating to financings, restructurings, valuation analyses and liquidity events
- Prepare thorough investment memorandum and presentations
- Maintain knowledge of existing investments and monitor financial performance
- Prepare quarterly investment analysis and write-ups of existing deals for investor and management reporting
- Support portfolio company management teams on special projects
- At least two years venture capital or early-stage private equity and at least two years of investment banking or management consulting experience or two years of operating experience at a high technology company, preferably in a general management, product management or business development role.
- Ideally, an MBA from an elite business school, or equivalent work experience.
- Financial modelling, writing and presentation skills
- Excellent research, organizational skills
- Communication, interpersonal and networking skills with proven ability to develop and maintain effective business relationships.
- Ability to perform at a high level without significant supervision and with attention to detail
- Active ties to start-up and VC communities
- Ability to interpret data and provide relevant conclusions/recommendations.
If interested, please apply here.