The worldwide automobile industry is facing an era of rapid change arising from the emergence of new technologies and new business opportunities. Hyundai is at the forefront of this change! Hyundai Motor Group (HMG) has established a new strategic organization for innovation focusing on AI, future mobility solutions, new energy solutions (EV, hydrogen and beyond, for automotive and other applications), robotics, smart cities, and advanced automotive technologies. This organization is creating business strategies, conducting strategic venture investments, partnering with other companies on new ventures, pursuing open innovation, and developing plans to launch future businesses in these emerging segments. To date, HMG has made strategic investments in over 30 startups globally.
CRADLE (Center for Robotic-Augmented Design in Living Experience) is HMG’s corporate venturing and open innovation, and special projects centers to develop advanced future automotive technologies and businesses.
Hyundai America Technical Center Inc. (HATCI) is looking for an Investment Manager to join the Hyundai CRADLE (www.cradleinc.com) Investment team in Mountain View, CA that will:
- Identify and evaluate the innovative startups/ventures and the technology trends of interest to Hyundai Motor Company
- Lead investments in global startups – Develop investment theme and deliver analysis reports to support strategic and financial goals of Hyundai Motor Company
- Collaborate with investment Teams/Headquarter with the investment process (deal sourcing, due diligence, post investment management)
- Generate opportunities for joint projects between Hyundai Motor Company and local innovation ecosystem like startups, tech firms or research institutions
- Support startups’ business & technology development and explore the strategic value between Hyundai Motor Company and Startups as a post-investment activity
- Design, prepare and facilitate internal workshops
- Participate in industry events to network with startups
- Cooperate with HYUNDAI CRADLEs over the world to fulfill the strategic goals of Hyundai Motor Company.
- Technical based Bachelor degree
- 3 years of professional experience at a venture capital firm, strategy consulting firm, private equity or equivalent experience (experience in automotive industry preferred)
- Valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record.
- Candidates applying for positions with Hyundai Kia must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
- HATCI is an Equal Opportunity Employer including Disabled and Veteran. VEVRAA Federal contractor
IF interested, please apply here.