Hyundai America Technical Center Inc. (HATC) is looking for a Strategic Business & Technology Open Innovation Manager to join the Hyundai CRADLE team in Menlo Park, CA. You would work in collaboration with the Strategy & Technology Division (STD) of Hyundai Motor Company (HMC). In this role you will:
- Research industry and technological trends in order to identify and preempt shifts in technology and/or opportunities to innovate to differentiate CRADLE’s portfolio offerings.
- Leverages assessment of CRADLE’s portfolio gaps to develop new concept opportunities for future investments or internal development.
- Proactively identifies, proposes, and plans projects to explore new business model and technical competencies relative to HMG’s current core technology and business practices.
- Responsible for assessing the feasibility of development ideas and for collaborating with engineering team to determine design limitations and opportunities.
- In partnership with CRADLE’s corporate venture capital (CVC) investment managers, plans technology assessments and proof-of-concept projects in collaboration with potential or current portfolio companies.
- Writes pre-project budget and planning reports for technology assessment and proof-of-concept type of projects. These reports include objectives, relevant background information, team roles and responsibilities, scope of work, deliverables, budget estimates, and schedule.
- Finishes projects with the appropriate documentation. Includes demos, videos, an assessment of the technology, experiences working with the startup, and recommendations for next steps.
- Leads team of engineers in the development of new concept ideas and leverages broad technical expertise to ensure CRADLE is at the forefront of technological innovation.
- Oversees direct reports and provides on-the-job coaching and mentoring to develop resources.
- Collaborates with STD to identify opportunities to leverage STD-developed technology into CRADLE investments or to build upon and improve existing technology owned by HMG.
- Seeks and develops relationships with outside sources of grants are in alignment with CRADLE’s area of interest. Authors or co-authors proposals for external funding when appropriate.
- Travel 30% Domestic and International
- Master’s Degree in Engineering, Business, Science, or Economics
- 5 years of business development, brand awareness, communications, and research & development experience
- Valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record.
- Candidates applying for positions with Hyundai Kia must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
- HATCI is an Equal Opportunity Employer including Disabled and Veteran. VEVRAA Federal contractor
- Experience in Venture Capital (VC) or Corporate Venture Capital (CVC) preferred.
If interested, please apply here.