hub:raum is the corporate incubator of Deutsche Telekom that scouts and invests in disruptive startups with offices in Tel Aviv, Krakow and Berlin. As the interface to the startup ecosystem, we generate market insights and commercial opportunities for business units of Deutsche Telekom. Moreover, we run several x-industry innovation programs and prototyping projects.
We are currently hiring an experienced investment manager to join the technology investment team in Berlin.
You will source, evaluate and manage deals and thereby generate superior strategic and financial value for our investment fund. This entails:
Deal Sourcing & Execution
• You will be responsible for our investment process (negotiation of deal terms, financial and commercial due diligence, oversight of legal workflow)
• For this, you will qualitatively and quantitatively evaluate potential transactions, prepare materials for internal decision meetings
• You will also lead the closing administration, including contract negotiation and the coordination of the execution of legal & transaction documentation
Deal Flow & Fund-raising
• By building strong relationships with an ecosystem of start-ups, investors, business angels, accelerators/incubators, etc. you will also ensure co-/follow-on investments
• You will develop/deepen a domain expertise in themes of interest (e.g. Artificial Intelligence, IoT, SaaS, Big Data, Cloud Robotics) within technology sectors across Deutsche Telekom’s core geographies
• Additionally, you will actively take part in industry and community events and represent our company and programs
• You will take care of the post-investment monitoring and governance (e.g. shareholder meetings)
• You do not only coordinate our existing investments but also support them in developing their business and gaining follow-on financing
Interface to Deutsche Telekom
• In order to transfer innovation from our startups to Deutsche Telekom, you will align with the activities of our Business Unit Relationship Managers to help them develop business opportunities within
• You will build and strengthen relationships with our top/senior management of Deutsche Telekom to continuously develop our strategy
You have a real passion for technology and startups, either demonstrated through your choice of jobs or by your deep involvement with the startup ecosystem outside of your job.
• Profound investment track record in early stage startups or vast experience in fundraising with Venture Capitalists as a founder
• 3+ years experience with exposure to technology, for instance, in/with a start-up, leading tech company, management consultancy or investment bank, preferably also entrepreneurial experience
• Strong professional network in the tech ecosystem especially early stage investors and other ecosystem players
• Deep technology knowledge and strategic acumen, well informed about market trends and key players
• Advanced financial & transactional experience in early stage venturing
• Advanced experience in portfolio/post-investment monitoring and governance roles
• Excellent academic record and strong analytical abilities
• Fluent in English and German
• An ability to build and maintain good relationships with colleagues, partners and entrepreneurs
• Strong and professional communication, presentation and negotiation skills
• Quick thinker, results driven, used to work in agile environments
• Eager for making deals
• Independent work attitude
If interested, please apply here.