A member of the Roche Group, Genentech (LinkedIn, Crunchbase) has been at the forefront of the biotechnology industry for more than 40 years, using human genetic information to develop novel medicines for serious and life-threatening diseases. Genentech has multiple therapies on the market for cancer & other serious illnesses. Please take this opportunity to learn about Genentech where we believe that our employees are our most important asset & are dedicated to remaining a great place to work.
An Investment Manager of the Roche Venture Fund (“Investment Manager”) supports the Investment Directors in group-wide venture investments and in managing these investments. The Investment Manager may also propose a new investment independent of an Investment Director.
- Source investment opportunities through internal and external network
- Work with divisional experts to evaluate potential investments.
- Make a recommendation to the RVF ream on whether to proceed or not.
- Under the supervision of, or provide support to, the Investment Director in planning and executing due diligence, creating a valuation, and negotiating the investment documents.
- Provide or support the Investment Director in providing an investment recommendation to the RVF team.
- If the investment is approved, the Investment Manager is responsible for the logistics of completing the investment including coordinating with in-house & external counsel, cash management, FX management, TOP operations.
- Support RVF in monitoring operational and financial developments at portfolio companies and keeping regular contact with company officers.
- Participate in preparation of quarterly updates on the portfolio companies’ development and performance.
- Manage contractual issues with assigned portfolio companies, including share conversion, share registration, IPO paperwork, lock-up agreements, acquisitions of portfolio companies.
- When Roche has a board seat in a portfolio company, this would typically be assumed by an Investment Director but the Investment Manager may either be a board observer where RVF has a board director or the Investment Manager may have a board or board observer seat if appropriate.
- Prepare board updates for the RVF team following each board meeting of a company that the investment manager has either a board or board observer seat.
- Support the RVF team in managing exits in the portfolio companies, through providing a recommendation to the Head RVF on the timing and pricing of the sales of shares.
Who You Are
- Five years venture capital experience or five plus years experience in a scientific or business development area and two to three years venture capital experience.
- Post-graduate degree (MD, PhD, MBA or JD) necessary
- Experience in Drug Development, Business Development, Intellectual Property, Finance, Private Company Operations
- 10%-20% travel associated with job. International travel required quarterly. Regular travel to board meetings.
If interested, please apply here.