We are looking to hire an Investment Manager at Flat6Labs Central who will be responsible for managing existing investment portfolio with fundraising, networking, general business support and others; support to Investment Teams in all Flat6Labs locations; oversight on corporate governance of all Flat6Labs locations; maintain active relationships with local, regional and global investors; support on fundraising of for the Flat6Labs locations; and support on business development opportunities for Flat6Labs.
1. Portfolio Management
- Arrange meetings and follow up with existing portfolio companies and ensure that they submit their status report periodically.
- Communicate and report the status of the portfolio to the board, investors and different stakeholders.
- Build and maintain a network of potential local and international investors who would invest in the startup companies
- Help companies secure follow-on funding through direct contacts and referrals.
- Support portfolio companies towards creating growth and smooth business operations.
- Guide portfolio companies towards potential investment exits.
- Assist in the process of due diligence, structuring and negotiation of transactions between startup companies and investors when needed.
- Supervise the legal process of startup companies incorporation and other related legalities.
- Maintain smooth communication channels between the companies, lawyers and regulatory authorities when needed.
2. Investor Relations Management
- Build and maintain a database of potential investors’ profiles, information and contacts, as well as information about the size of their funds
- Manage the fundraising process for Flat6Labs portfolio companies, and generating reports about prospect deals and negotiated terms
- Assist in and facilitate the due diligence process on Flat6Labs companies for potential investors
- Manage the portfolio of Flat6Labs, including: maintaining and generating periodical reports on their business and financial position and disseminating these reports to different stakeholders.
- Assist in calculation of relevant return measures such as return on equity, pay-back period, and IRR for both forecasts and historical results
- Build and maintain a database of equity distribution and movement within each of the startups companies
- Interface with companies’ CEO’s to complete annual capital and operations budget, including a forecasts of projected monthly and quarterly cash flow requirement
- Supervise the legal process of funds transfer, stock exchange and drafting legal agreements with different investors.
3. Support and Oversight to Flat6Labs Regional Locations
- Regular meetings with Investment Teams of different Flat6Labs locations to discuss local portfolios and potential support.
- Support to local Investment Teams on corporate governance pertaining to local funds
- Creation of investment templates to support local Investment Teams; also creation of platform to allow for synergies across locations and to harness the Flat6Labs regional presence.
- Developing different tools to facilitate portfolio reporting and communication tools across all Flat6Labs Locations
- Liaising with all local Investment Teams to engage on how Flat6Labs Central can provide value-add
- Representation on Investment Committees
4. Business Development & Corporate Governance
- Opening new locations/Structuring of new funds: drafting of required legal documents, creation of investment decks, fundraising roadshows, forging of new partnerships.
- Managing new business in Cairo
- Reporting to Flat6Labs Board
Desired Skills and Experience:
• A least 5 years of experience in venture capital, private equity or investment banking.
• Major in finance/business/economic studies.
• Excellent English language skills.
• Financial modeling and budgeting skills.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Strong project management and organizational skills.
• Excellent technical understanding for financial software packages like Microsoft Excel, etc..
• Proactive and highly organized, with strong time management and planning skills.
• Attention to detail and an ability to multi-task.
If interested, please apply here.