EDC (LinkedIn, Crunchbase) is Canada’s export credit agency, offering information, knowledge and innovative commercial solutions to help Canadian exporters and investors expand their international business. EDC’s knowledge and partnerships are used by more than 7,400 Canadian companies and their global customers in up to 200 markets worldwide each year.
EDC is financially self-sustaining, and is a recognized leader in financial reporting and economic analysis.
Team & Job Overview
The EDC Investments Team is seeking a Senior Investment Manager to be a lead contributor to the Investments Team. The appropriate individual will have 5-10 years work experience in venture capital and/or private equity, and will have demonstrated skills in originating, executing, managing and exiting investments. The individual will also need to be a mentor to others in the organization, and will work with other EDC business units to help achieve EDC’s overall business objectives within the context of the Investments program.
While the positions are located in Ottawa, we are willing to consider candidates residing in Toronto who can commit to frequent travel.
Originates, structures and delivers tailored financial solutions through active involvement within the domestic and international private equity communities. Identifies, negotiates and monitors opportunities for venture capital and/or private equity investments through direct investing, co-investing or investing across a combination of investment/asset class specializations. Assesses the needs of clients to determine value-added means of financing, directing and supporting their business plans. Oversees a portfolio of clients and assists in the growth and progress of these companies, ultimately leading to the execution of successful exit strategies. Has experience in broader relationship management roles, and brings a personal network that can be additive to EDC’s existing networks to originate transactions. Works with business development and underwriting teams to cross-sell and deliver financial solutions to clients.
- Conducts all elements of transaction delivery from due diligence to negotiation and closing of documentation
- Manages deal team workflow including input from internal / external experts and all internal / external interfaces
- Develops tailored cash flow models and formulates valuation/term sheet strategies reflective of risk and market conditions
- Represents the Corporation on Boards in an Observer role
- Conducts ongoing contact, assessment and valuation of each assigned investment
Senior Investment Manager
- Leads deal teams in all elements of transaction delivery from due diligence to negotiation and closing of documentation
- Liaises with senior management of existing or proposed investments, evaluates the caliber of the management team, determines financial eligibility of customers, borrowers and other counter parties for consideration
- Oversees the development tailored cash flow models, guides valuations using various valuation
- Formulates valuation / term sheet strategies reflective of risk and market conditions and negotiates terms in conjunction with legal counsel
- Oversees a number of portfolio companies and is instrumental in assisting in the growth and progress of these companies, ultimately leading to the execution of successful exit strategies.
- Originates transactions, acts as a general advisor to portfolio companies, identifies opportunities for cross-selling
- Assumes Observer and/or Board seats on Boards of Directors for portfolio companies, provides ongoing assessment and valuation of assigned investments and recommends and executes “exit” strategies
- Minimum direct, relevant experience in investments: 5-7 years for Manager, 7-10 years for Senior Manager
- Bilingual in both official languages (French and English)
- Master in Business Administration
- CFA designation
If interested, please apply here.