There will never be a typical day at Experian, but that’s why people love it here. The opportunities to make a difference within exciting client initiatives are unlimited in the ever-changing global landscape. Below you’ll find a snapshot of your day-to-day responsibilities.
Our brand reflects who we are, what we do and what we believe in. In a complex, ever changing world, the use of data is now driving significant advancements and new ways of thinking. At Experian, we recognise the importance of the role we play in unlocking the power of data to help people, business and society. Enabling people and organisations to achieve their goals.
The Investment Manager for Experian will be responsible for identifying, sourcing, and managing minority equity investments for Experian’s corporate investment program. This role will work closely and in direct support of the Global VP of Corporate Ventures and the APAC Head of Corporate Development along with various leaders across multiple business units and across multiple geographies, to execute investments in private companies in targeted industry segments.
In this role, you will work in close collaboration with external partners as well as executives and their teams throughout Experian. In addition you will work closely with the Global VP of Corporate Ventures and the APAC Head of Corporate Development to develop global investment strategies in partnership with multiple business units that help bring Experian closer to disruptive & influential start-ups while building a robust portfolio of diverse investments.
- Understand Experian’s business as well as industry, competitive and disintermediation trends and the resulting opportunities for the CVC investment program
- Work in close collaboration with global VP of Corporate Ventures and APAC Head of Corporate Development to develop investment strategies, target identification, source deals and build pipeline, develop investment thesis, present investments to investment committee (IC), and manage portfolio of investments
- Represent Experian Ventures in the in the venture capital and entrepreneurial community
- Aggressively network to identify new opportunities as well as build network of trusted, top tier co-investors
- Identify and connect all relevant internal stakeholders, garner broad deal support
- Support, engage, and mentor portfolio companies founders to maximize each venture success
- Regularly provide updates to executives and key stakeholders on the overall health of the portfolio plus macro industry trends impacting Experian’s business in the region
- Manage the deals data base to accurately track all companies through their lifecycle
- 8-10 years of cumulative work experience in finance, business, & technology industries
- 2-4 years demonstrated venture capital investing experience
- Strong understanding or direct experience in corporate venture capital
- Graduate degree in business, finance or other relevant area required
- Background in or knowledge of technology trends applicable to Experian core business
- Investment banking or other corporate finance experience is required
- Experience with startup companies, venture capitalists, commercial partnerships, and incubators
- Successful track record of sourcing sound investments with strategic and financial return
- Proven experience creating and maintaining entrepreneurial relationships in venture capital ecosystem
- Well-established network within VC community
- Strong data, analytics, technology experience and understanding
- Financial modeling and superior analytical skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to think creatively, work in a casual and dynamic global team environment
Please reach out to me on firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential chat about the role. (apply here)