Evolent Health has a bold mission to change the health of the nation by changing the way health care is delivered. Our pursuit of this mission is the driving force that brings us to work each day. We believe in embracing new ideas, challenging ourselves and failing forward. We respect and celebrate individual talents and team wins. We have fun while working hard and Evolenteers often make a difference in everything from scrubs to jeans.
What You’ll Be Doing:
Evolent Health is seeking a Managing Director to join as a founding member of its New Ventures team. The New Ventures team is responsible for the identification and launch of large-scale market opportunities that may be adjacent to Evolent’s core market, capabilities, or business model. The team will focus on long-term fundamental equity value creation and is governed and resourced independently of existing internal cross-functional teams. The group and the position are located in the Washington, DC area.
Drive the research, development, and launch of new market opportunities:
- Proactively identify large-scale, unmet customer needs in the payer/provider, employer, consumer, or government healthcare markets
- Generate new business ideas and refine key solution attributes through primary customer and market research
- Build detailed business plan for capital investment committee and shepherd through internal decision-making process
- Sell alpha customers and develop plan for successful implementation
- Opportunity to serve as senior executive in new business or remain in New Ventures group, depending on professional and company interests
The Experience You’ll Need (Required)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 10+ years’ relevant experience in corporate growth initiatives or in entrepreneurial environment
- Experience working in payer/provider environment, e.g., health plan, population health, provider
Finishing Touches (Preferred)
- Graduate degree in health or a business-related discipline
- Robust network of contacts
- Outstanding written and oral presentation skills, ability to engage in back-an-forth conversation with senior leaders, ability to be convincing, and ability to develop strong relationships
Evolent Health is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin
If interested, please apply here.