The EIF, the European Investment Fund is seeking to recruit for its Innovation & Technology Investments department at its headquarters in Luxembourg, several
This is a generic campaign for current and upcoming vacant positions. Based on the assessment of their respective professional qualifications and experience, candidates will be selected for a position on an appropriate level.
Appointment will be made on the basis of a fixed term contract of three (3) years.
The Investment professional operates within the EU Private Equity sector, across the segments of Impact Investment, Business Angels, Technology Transfer and Venture Capital. S/he assists in the identification, appraisal, negotiation and monitoring of (co-)investments throughout the European Union and the Pre-Accession Countries.
Working in small teams, s/he contributes to the development of the business plan and the monitoring of the growing investments portfolio. The job requires a constant interface with other parts of the EIF.
- Gather qualitative and quantitative information on developments in markets and companies relevant to EIF business, and on any aspects that may affect the EIF portfolio;
- Assist in the development of a network of high level/quality external contacts;
- Assist in the implementation of the business plan, participating as necessary in the research, identification of business opportunities, preparation of proposals, due diligence, structuring and negotiation of transactions;
- Monitoring and follow-up of the fund investments portfolio. Represent EIF in Investors meetings and Advisory Boards.
- University degree in finance, business administration, or a science-based discipline complemented with at least three years’ experience in finance and / or business administration, with post-graduate qualifications constituting a distinct advantage;
- At least (3) three years of professional experience in a similar position. Additional previous experience in a financial or corporate environment (banking, audit, VC fund monitoring and management, etc.) would be an advantage, in particular for more senior roles;
- Proven track record in the fields of Impact Investment, Business Angels, Technology Transfer (including Intellectual Property) and/or Venture Capital (ICT, Life Sciences, Cleantech etc.);
- Solid Financial Analysis skills;
- Good IT skills (standard Office tools, particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Excellent knowledge of English (oral and written). Knowledge of other EU languages would be an advantage;
- Industry experience in technology, impact investing or life-sciences sectors would be an asset.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and presentation skills;
- Commercial approach;
- Ability to manage complex operations;
- Very good interpersonal skills;
- Sense of initiative and problem-solving approach;
- Ability to organise her/his work, set priorities and meet deadlines;
- Excellent team spirit.
Deadline for applications: 16th May 2018
* Due to high volume of applications, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
If interested, please apply here.